Puberty, an All Boys School!? and Nakano-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Welcome Back School Festival

Group Leader
On page 5, the text actually reads ドン.ホキーテ (Don Joquite) as it's a parody of ドン.キホーテ (Don Quijote)
HARAPEKO does not mean hangry, it just means hungry.
On page 7, "oishikunare" should have been translated as "become delicious"

Dex-chan lover
so about the "unsweetened" thing.

in japan, you are called sweet(amai) when you're naive(also works for when you're soft in a non-physical way]).
so by not being sweet, it means the opposite of naive, which is realistic.

Dex-chan lover
Outside of the poor BL otaku, who is getting some very poor reference material, we haven't gotten anyone's reason yet for going to a boys school. I was expecting cliches like:
  • "Oh, I'm so weak and pathetic, I'll toughen up at the boys school"
  • "I'm to become the head of the family, but only boys can do so, so I must pretend to be a boy"
  • "I will take over my father's dojo, but I must prove I'm tougher than all the others, even the men"
But we haven't gotten anything yet! :qq:
It'll probably happen when they reveal themselves as girls, and we speedrun their reasoning.

Dex-chan lover
On page 5, the text actually reads ドン.ホキーテ (Don Joquite) as it's a parody of ドン.キホーテ (Don Quijote)
HARAPEKO does not mean hangry, it just means hungry.
On page 7, "oishikunare" should have been translated as "become delicious"
Wow, now that I read it again, it really is Don Joquite. Maybe I'm dyslexic with Japanese...

I left oishikunare as is since I thought people would recognize it as the maid cafe thing.

Wow, now that I read it again, it really is Don Joquite. Maybe I'm dyslexic with Japanese...

I left oishikunare as is since I thought people would recognize it as the maid cafe thing.
It's an obvious maid cafe thing. Though, admittedly, Moe Moe Kyun and Oishikunare are less well known than Doki Doki and Onii-chan. I think you did good keeping it untranslated. Also, page 6's 甘味なし, while literally meaning "Unsweetened", is more of a figure of speech in this case. She was being extremely blunt, and straightforward: There was no attempt to soften the blow or sugarcoat the problem at hand whatsoever.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Page 15. Bottom panel on the left. Middle speech bubble. Removing the first instance of "the" would make the sentence easier to read.

Users who are viewing this thread