Pujo to Yajuu

Its a cute story but 12 years... can he at least wait until she's 18??? Otherwise imma drop this and call manga-world FBI

the age gap actually makes it interesting, if there wasnt any problem they would just date and the end.

It’s so refreshing to see a manga actually address the age gap and the problems that can happen in friendships like this

I hope he addresses the age gap and the potential risking of his job if he isn't careful.

Tbh it's not a big deal to wait a few years before getting together, no harm in being patient.

If Kuga is smart he should be able to explain it in a calm and rational way. Momoka seems pretty mature so she should be able to understand the risks and be patient.

It's not hard y'all, there is still hope for this ship if they're responsible.

SOJ

Oh my god I really thought no one was going to translate this manga. I'm soooooooo happy rn 😭❤❤❤

Damnnn bringing the parents early on to the scene is such a good move. I just really love how this manga is progressing. Thank you translators!!!

Kuga isn't as old as I thought he was, they are maybe ten years apart which isn't an uncommon age gap between couples. He did say 'in the future', so I hope he tells Momoka that she and his romantic relationship can wait a few years.

But damn the parents showing up right then 🤣🤣

Dex-chan lover
Even if he waits, it just goes from statutory rape to grooming. Displaying this behavior as wholesome is a big yikes. Gonna hard pass on this one.

I am nearly eight years older than my wife. She was seventeen when we first met, and I proposed to her before her 18th birthday. We were married when she was almost nineteen and I was twenty-six. We did not have sexual relations before we were married because:
1. It's illegal.
2. She asked me not to.
Needless to say, I got pretty bored with the cradle robber jokes, and all that stuff. Strangely enough, it was young males who made disapproving and sarcastic comments. Both of our families (neither of whom are of the "trailer trash" stereotype) approved. This was 1983, and we are still married.

The legal definition of grooming is, "the winning of the confidence of a victim in order to commit a sexual assault on him or her, now a specific criminal offence." Kuga has committed nothing than can be legally construed as statutory rape or grooming. In Japan, girls can be married at sixteen with their parents approval, yet he is quite willing to wait even longer. It is quite normal for her parents to be concerned (my in-laws were pretty concerned at first when a Marine with a high and tight haircut showed up as their daughter's boyfriend). Momoka's father's attitude, however, couldn't be more counter productive. "Lay down the law. Don't allow anyone else to speak. Declare that the discussion is over forever." It undoubtedly worked in the era when fathers had the right of life and death over their children, but it's not that way in the civilised world in the 21st century. It sounds more to me like a way to turn your daughter into a delinquent or a runaway.

Dex-chan lover
Conflicting. I am not a fan of such young age gap series... Especially these days when there are so many cases of 'grooming' happening.

I can only hope.... that they handle this respectfully??? Concept is cute but jeez...

Double-page supporter
I very much agree with @Comadrin. Kuga is conscious of the age gap, but he's being really respectful of things and hasn't forced Momoka to do anything. Nowadays, people are freaked out about it due to all the scandals and accusations that are running rampant. But the way this story is moving along doesn't seem at all like the other situations we've seen.

If anything, this reminds me of Celine Dion's story with her late husband, René Angelil. He knew her ever since she was a kid, and he was always very careful to not do anything to her that could've caused a scandal back then. They got married when she was 24 years old, and mind you, he was 26 years older than her. And that marriage lasted until Angelil's death. So just because bad things have happened doesn't mean that a large age gap means grooming.

Thank u sooo much for the translations! This is sooo cute! 😍 I love how he asked for permission To date her from her parents first. Especially since she’s only 17. It only shows how serious he is. And tbh, he waaaaas trying and going to back off but she pushed him into confessing to her lmfaoooo and lets be clear, he only kissed her cause he thought she was of age. And I love the fact that she didn’t lie about her age when she could have. I just knoooow this couple is gonna he super cute together! Even more so than they already are! Can’t wait to see what happens next! ❤️

Group Leader
So he literally just kisses her on the cheek right after they met? There's something wrong with that...

Something doesn't sit right with me here. It's not the age gap. More on the fact that she's still in high school, an underage, and he's already a grownass man. And that
he just kissed her on the cheek like what he thinks it's okay bc she's a fan?
They're so freaking fast, I'm scared.

Bro this is so not okay 😂 we've seen it happen so many times with fans and famous people, the power dynamic is way off (age wise and fame wise). I can already see the headline "29 year old wrestler takes advantage of 17 year old fan"
and wtf dude he even asked her to marry him!!! They haven't known each other for long either. I also find it hilarious how the parents are so okay with it, the mom is more obvious but if the dad was serious about his negative answer the he wouldn't let him near his house the second day

Group Leader
I read more of it, and holy shit his actions are so creepy. First the kiss the first time they meet, then shit like asking for her phone number and shit, it just doesn't sit right.

This kind of relationship would not fly in real life and I wouldn’t hesitate to cancel culture this guy but since this is a shoujo with nice art, it’s cute⭐️

Users who are viewing this thread