Pumpkin Time - Ch. 25

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much for the huge release!

@your-note-from-chapter-22: the silent angst in this part is frustrating but thank you for bearing with it.

I also hope things gonna get lighter with more Ritsu x Izuki moments. And also Ritsu need to do something with the 'Maya situation'

Double-page supporter
Why did she give him her number? Why are all the fucking MCs fucking retarded in these stories? For fucks sake, how fucking hard is it to just say "no" and stick to it? For fucks sake, I really fucking hate these braindead retarded cardboardcut MCs with zero backbone! Doesn't even make good drama nor story since there's zero writing involved, it's all exactly the same fucking shit that doesn't make sense even to a goddamn infant.

Dex-chan lover
@Siikalahna Because she wanted to keep her secret that she has known Ritsu since their childhood. If she had said no, then he would've told Ritsu right then that Izuki was hiding that fact from Ritsu.

Yes, it's a massive cliché. However, it still makes at least some amount of sense. That's specifically why it became a cliché - because it made enough sense to be used as a plot device.

She should really come clean and tell Ritsu the truth. Running away from the problem is only increasing the suffering for the both. I know it will all be good in the end, but it's going to be one long ride.

Power Uploader
My guess is that Ritsu's anxiety comes from the mc ignoring him for these years. Keeping it a secret is making things worse

Thank you for the mass release! Hmm. I wonder if Ritsu suffers from performance anxiety if he is put under certain stress.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not usually one for longing and pining stories, but I really enjoy this one because it hurts in a good way.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly don't understand how Itsuki hasn't put two and two together yet. Her original misunderstanding was Ritsu had someone he liked, this obviously makes the presumption that it was a girl, and that was why he returned to Japan, so I can understand why she wouldn't immediately associate herself as the source of Ritsu's attention being as their gender situation is...complicated, but by this point Ritsu has straight up indirectly and directly questioned her about Itsuki's whereabouts and is shown to be obviously quite downtrodden and melancholic about his old friend. There's no reason why she shouldn't be able to realize even if not out of love, he desperately wants to find his old friend; I don't care how oblivious a stupid kid you gotta be. I get telling him the truth or otherwise being outed as Itsuki seems as though it will put into motion the end of this series, but watching Ritsu repeatedly make it clear he's looking for Itsuki and Itsuki somehow performing enough mental gymnastics to read that as Ritsu having moved on from their old friendship or otherwise should not allow herself to be found out, I just don't know.

It's the one hook in this story that really grates on me, but I still love it overall. I even don't mind the slow pace of each chapter, though I must admit the rapid releases are probably helping that quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread