Pygmalion

Dex-chan lover
@fetusdeletus was referring to more preteen/teen characters of recent times
Naruto's what in his late 40s now?
also lowkey forgot about Naruto's existence

Double-page supporter
Heh, I must say, I'm enjoying this, as silly and rushed as it may be, the plot is pretty decent for a splatter/horror series.

I've seen worse.

There was a certain, "pig monster" in this that reminded me of Berserk, because of... reasons. So I guess there's that.

Dex-chan lover
It's fairly alright, although a bit rushed. I do have to give it a few points for easing up on the gore later on and focusing more on a few more philosophical aspects. However those were a bit shallow, but heartwarming enough for me to give it a 6.5/10 in total.

Aggregator gang
Quite reminiscent of Franken Fran Ch.39...

Not that I'm complaining, it's a great b-horror concept!

Dex-chan lover
Overall, this was actually a pretty fun read. Despite the concept, it didn't purely rely on gore and go for shock value too much like a lot of these sorts of manga do. It had some moments of course, but it actually had a decent amount of thought put into the story, and it wasn't just endless despair and hardships for the main character. The ending was a bit rushed and the protagonist fell into the "everyone has good in them" trope, but it managed to tie up all the loose ends pretty well.

Honestly, this was surprisingly refreshing compared to most of the horror genre. My only complaint was the pig mascot, felt a bit unnecessary and over the top.

Double-page supporter
Good read till the author just suddenly drop all the plot in just one chapter.

All in all its quite a good read thanks for working on this one

6/10

As a bit of trivia the pig mascot was a reference to the slang term "mesubuta", which is literally "sow" or "female pig". Its common interpretation is a woman who is little more than a hole to stick it in. So when they talk a bit about the Galatea doing whatever they want, this explains why that particular mascot does what it does.

Some of you might recognize the term from Detroit Metal City from one of the songs bearing the word in its name or from the chapter where Negishi flips Haruna's skirt at a DMC concert to avoid being found out where he insults her with the term. I'm not aware of any other mascots whose actions/basis of character is a particular reference to anything else as they're all essentially just killing people in whatever ways or doing things explicitly obvious from visual cues (e.g.: the fox soccer mascot and the one near the end who is seen burning a mountain of bodies).

I mean that was kind of fucked up and plain bad, not even sure why they tried to make the end heartwarming when I'm assuming the main purpose was horror.

The whole story is mid af but the third act is just so unfathomably shitty. This whole 'bad guy wasn't actually so bad' thing is so boring. The gore scenes were somewhat good tho.

Group Leader
The pig was unneeded, you know what I'm talking about.

Also the author really had to blow his whole plot load in one go?

i red this when maga rock was a thing(would never of know this kinda of manga existed so thanks to that, have to say this was fun to read

Users who are viewing this thread