Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 13 Ch. 25 - Crime Scene

kinda sloppy but,
Page 86

rick.jpg

Meo

Double-page supporter
There's a glaring err in this story.

HOW did he go from the attic (indoor) to the roof (outside). If there was a hatch, he could use the same way to get back into the house. No need to use the chimney.

@Meo From the way it's drawn, what was probably intended was "it's impossible to climb down without being seen by the people in front", judging that there are people in the perspetctive. Presumably, the actions in order would be to climb from an external route (say the window) while police weren't watching, then when the police come back around, using that same window would not be possible without being seen.

Alternatively, it may be just that he climbed upwards from the window, but that climbing down from the root back down to the window would be more difficult depending on the footholds. Or it may be that he used the window (or hatch route) as you suggested as a last ditch effort to escape incoming police, which would mean the police being there would, again, effectively seal his previous escape route.

Either way, though, I agree that it's poorly explained. That said, the intention seems to be that he panicked in using the chimney, because staying on the roof would eventually get him caught. He obviously was not thinking clearly at that point or else he would have remembered the chimney grate too.

@Meo But then he would be stuck on the ceiling. He cut the rope that was holding his way up already.

Dex-chan lover
oh my the assistant is very nice
if it were me i had already cut contact with him

Dex-chan lover
Kana becomes smart. I thought this case will be solved without Touma's help

Double-page supporter
Is this chapter's theme seafood?

Ikada -> Ika = squid
Tako = octopus
Ebisawa -> Ebi = shrimp
Kanie -> Kani = crab

No idea for Kuniaki Kaibashira.