Q.E.D - Vol. 36 Ch. 71 - Q & A

Group Leader
can someone explain to me?

who was the useless guy?

who was chosen at the end?

I presume Ian was the useless one. The children are all named after the parts of the riddle (Freya = fire, Walter = water, Ian = Iron, Wood = Tree), and iron was the useless one in the riddle. A little on the nose for the dad to have picked the failure name from birth, but whatever. Ian just got mad at other people instead of looking for solutions.

I'm not sure about who got picked, though.

Power Uploader
@cromat The useless guy is Ian, because he was always blaming others for what happened and didn't do a single thing by himself.

It is not revealed who was chosen, but it will probably be Wood, since Freya said she wanted to take up interior design, and Walter said he would like to stay in his current position. That's just my speculation, though.

Dex-chan lover
that was deep.

because ian is like the iron. he didn't do nothing.all that he is, was tempered by the fire, which is his father's riches and influence.

If I read it correctly, you can see during Ian's explanation, he "manage" or "ask" someone to do something, but from others point of view, they did it voluntarily, so it's against what Ian said. Many people against one.
That's why I thought he's the one useless and he made things up.

wouldn't it be more accurate to say that he was tempered by his sister? She is supposedly his secretary which is probably why he is where he is in his father's company.

Double-page supporter
the land of "arabia" was neither in Turkey nor Northern Africa. For medieval europeans, especially 12th-15th century, "arabia" was a land east and south of the holy land, and south of caliphate of Bagdad.
Bagdad, Damascus, Alexandria and Cordoba were seen as centers of knowledge, not "arabia"

and Athens is not where you put it on the map. it's slightly up north.

Something to point out with regards to "Who will be chosen to lead the company?":

How do you turn lead into gold?
Doing that goes against the will of nature.

Out of everything that Iron, Fire, Water, and Tree are doing according to the riddle, which one is going against the will of nature?
Iron, which blocks goats from eating grass. Iron, which is the useless one.

Useless doesn't mean that person is getting kicked out. The useless person is the one being chosen.

Double-page supporter
@Kimitsu
Having the useless child lead the company is probably the most useful decision, if their father believes in the Dilbert Principle.

Users who are viewing this thread