qol changes to comments, group edits, and manga description edits

Group Leader
Hello,

I am writing today to point out several discrepancies I've noticed within the site that I feel could be improved upon for clarity issues. They are as follows:

Data field entries, either through forum posts, manga titles, chapter specific entries, group specific entries, user biography settings, group descriptions, and manga descriptions, all vary in visual appearance depending on where you are making said entry at. For example, forum posts, manga title comments, chapter specific comments, and group specific comments all have BBCode buttons provided to the user above the text field, and each button successfully adds the appropriate code to your entry. If only these entries accepted BBCode, it would make sense that the other data fields do not have these options, however, upon testing, the other fields do in fact accept BBCode input, but there are no buttons available to the user, which may make them believe BBCode does not work in these fields. The fields which accept BBCode but do not have the buttons are: user biography, group descriptions, manga descriptions, and add new title entry. Therefore, for clarities sake, I would suggest enabling the aforementioned entry fields to have the BBCode buttons, like the comment entries fields have.

Along the lines of the BBCode buttons, it would be beneficial to update the BBCode button individual tooltip descriptions to more accurately reflect the purpose they execute. Below I will list the BBCode button, it's current tooltip entry in parentheses, and what it should be changed to for clarity:

[ul][*]Bold: (b) - change to (Bold text)[*]Italicize: (i) - change to (Italicize text)[*]Underline: (u) - change to (Underline text)[*]Strikethrough: (s) - change to (Strikethrough text)[*]Align left: (left) - change to (Align left)[*]Align center: (center) - change to (Align center)[*]Align right: (right) - change to (Align right)[*]Embed image: (img) - change to (Embed image)[*]URL link: (url) - change to (Link a url)[*]Superscript: (sup) - change to (Superscript text)[*]Subscript: (sub) - change to (Subscript text)[*]Bullet point: (ul) - change to (Add bullet point)[*]Numbered list: (ol) - change to (Add numbered list)[*]Horizontal line: (hr) - change to (Add horizontal line)[*]Spoiler: (spoiler) - change to (Spoiler text)[*]Code: (code) - change to (Monospace text)[*]Quotation: (quote) - change to (Quote text)[/ul]

These changes will add a comfortable consistency within the site, while also being more user friendly.
Thank you for your time.

Group Leader
Thanks for your reply. In regards to your comment about heavily edited descriptions, you say you are against them, yet BBCode works in those exact fields, so users can already make these descriptions that you dislike. And in regards to the fact it takes less time to type it oneself, that notion seems to be based on the fact that users have BCCode memorized and know how to use it, which seems unlikely as the user diversity on the site is rather high. A qol change is something that makes interaction easier, and I don't see how not adding in BCCode buttons does that.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Generally speaking we're not going to make any big changes to the design of the current site, that's what we're rewriting the site for. BBCode in manga descriptions is currently kind of an unavoidable evil, and I'm not completely sure we want to actually keep it as a possibility once the more obvious issues like author links and localized description fields are solved.

Users who are viewing this thread