Quality of life Improvements - Manga reading section

Hi there, so i am a new MangaDex user i am not a old one because honestly i did not knew about MangaDex till someone told me about it. So far i am enjoying the site however there are some quality of life options that i think would improve the site a lot and i don't see them, i also apologize if this was already suggested by someone else but i could not really find what i'm about to say.

So 1st of all i'm assuming that the follow section on the "My Follows" section is basically a bookmark section, how ever for a user like me who just added the 70+ shows that he is reading and plans to add more, it get super confusing because there is no way to order the manga.

I do know that it has the "Reading", "Plan to Read", etc sections however it still is a big mess on the reading section for me and other user who have lots of reading material added, so what i would suggest was something i saw on another site that i use to read my Manwhas (i have 2 websites because i don't like mixing my manga with manwhas), and that is on the "bookmark" section or "My Follow" section in this site sorting the mangas the following way:

1. Sorting mangas by the recently updated/with new chapters added to it to the top of the list.
  2. Recently sorted mangas to the top of the list are highlighted with a Dark box underneath or above the manga icon/cover image.
  3. Mangas that one is currently reading saves the last chapter one has read next to the image with a vivid color.
  4. Mangas icons on the list only have the minimum information needed such has title, Latest chapter number, date of last update(last chapter added), the chapter one read last and some buttons to mark as read, stop following and remove from the list.
Here is and example of what i just suggested also put this together on paint so sry if the quality is a bit crapy

hZF7g5n.png

That is all for now, thank you for reading.

Regards
ASilva

Upvote 7
Contributor
Sounds reasonable except maybe the part about newest chapter's name being visible - can spoil stuff.
IIRC in the past version(or was in batoto?) it was possible to follow/unfollow a manga by clicking on a button under its thumbnail. Similarly how youtube has a watch later button.
Maybe also add a "followed since xx.xx.xx" text, but it's not very important.

thanks for the feedback, and yes the chapter name sometimes do contain spoilers i kinda forgot that.

Hi there, so i am a new MangaDex user i am not a old one because honestly i did not knew about MangaDex till someone told me about it. So far i am enjoying the site however there are some quality of life options that i think would improve the site a lot and i don't see them, i also apologize if this was already suggested by someone else but i could not really find what i'm about to say.

So 1st of all i'm assuming that the follow section on the "My Follows" section is basically a bookmark section, how ever for a user like me who just added the 70+ shows that he is reading and plans to add more, it get super confusing because there is no way to order the manga.

I do know that it has the "Reading", "Plan to Read", etc sections however it still is a big mess on the reading section for me and other user who have lots of reading material added, so what i would suggest was something i saw on another site that i use to read my Manwhas (i have 2 websites because i don't like mixing my manga with manwhas), and that is on the "bookmark" section or "My Follow" section in this site sorting the mangas the following way:

1. Sorting mangas by the recently updated/with new chapters added to it to the top of the list.
  2. Recently sorted mangas to the top of the list are highlighted with a Dark box underneath or above the manga icon/cover image.
  3. Mangas that one is currently reading saves the last chapter one has read next to the image with a vivid color.
  4. Mangas icons on the list only have the minimum information needed such has title, Latest chapter number, date of last update(last chapter added), the chapter one read last and some buttons to mark as read, stop following and remove from the list.
Here is and example of what i just suggested also put this together on paint so sry if the quality is a bit crapy

hZF7g5n.png

That is all for now, thank you for reading.

Regards
ASilva
Yes thats the feature i also want
This is the main reason why I prefer mangakakot over this

Users who are viewing this thread