Question about requesting a series

Hey, all

I’m not sure how to ask for this (or if this is the proper way to do so), but I suppose I can start with this.

There is a series that I want to see translated, but I suppose that instead of simply requesting it to anyone (is that even allowed in this board? I have been looking around and I have found a couple of series requests’ threads, however, as far as I can tell, also don’t know which groups are accepting requests and what not), I think I would like to work my part on it.

Unfortunately, I don’t know exactly how I do proceed from here. Have been thinking in starting an scanlation group, but I’m not exactly a translator (as I don’t know Japanese or Korean), although I can do something else. Thing is, I’m not sure how to start one as a first step, if I’m honest.

I think my questions will be about how do I get started? Or do I still prove my luck with attempting to send a request about this specific series?

Power Uploader
If you have a series you want to work on, usually, you can try contacting a group that is willing to take the series. Like let's say Group 1 is willing to take it only if you're able to help out. Which you did offer, but you weren't able to translate so, it might be a bit tough. They may drop the project or may wait for another translator to join to help.

As for starting your own group, it'll get tough when you first start. But eventually it gets easier, as long as you focus on that one project. It gets harder to recruit when you have or want to start on multiple projects. Usually it's not a good idea to post the project you want to work on in public especially if you are trying to work on it yourself in your group. There are a lot of snipers so, it's a bad idea to tell everyone the future projects. Let's say there's a group owner that likes the project, instead of informing you, they stole the project. I mean unless you're okay with it since now you can read it. But it's a lot stressful to others that bought the Raws and all the money is gone since another group stole the project that you paid for and was planning to work on it

So up to you, you can ask around and see if any group is willing to take the project. You can either email them, discord dm, MangaDex on, or whatever contact they have

you're being too polite, just ask away in a thread! i don't think it's against the rules. and imo it's more appropriate to request in this subforum than elsewhere.
but like Nibb said, it might be more efficient contacting a group directly.

try narrowing down to groups who ever scanlate similar series.
i.e /ak/ for anything with military/weaponry, Kirara Scantasia for houbunsha/kirara magazine manga.

Even if they didn't open up a public recommendation, if the manga could catch one or some of their member's interest, they might be willing to start doing it as a extra project.
Moreover if there's people who are willing to do some part of the work.

Group Leader
1. Find a rogue translator
2. Offer an exchange, he TL your manga, you TS/RD his manga, even 1 chapter will do.
3. Put a recruitment message in credit page.
4. Start your own scanlation with your newfound member.

Users who are viewing this thread