RABUKOME QUEST - Vol. 2 Ch. 22 - Reset and clear

Dex-chan lover
time travel is too fucked up thanks to contemporary media, so while this is supposed to be a good end, there's too many what-if's

There's an entire timeline where Jin and the gang saw Milia disappear before their very eyes, never to be seen again. They concluded that the spell must have backfired and erased her from existence. That Jin now has to live with the knowledge that he lost the woman he loves because he dared speak the words left unspoken: She's gone because of him.
Broo...

Dex-chan lover
The Jin we know is not him, he is left in a timeline where Millia is gone...

Edit:
just reread the prev chapter
She "turned back time"
take this with a grain of salt, she erased the OG timeline. meaning, she killed the Jin and other characters we know :cry:

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Gets sent back 400 years and changes her actions so much it causes a butterfly effect and Jin never exists because of it 💀

Fed-Kun's army
In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I'm taking the "single mutable timeline, achronal soul" interpretation of time travel. There isn't a leftover timeline with a vanished witch, the world is properly wound back. To remove the identity issue, a soul is a transcendent thing existing beyond time and assert their return into the world once appropriate. Even if they can't consciously remember, they are still the same person.

And no one can say I'm wrong, because nothing specifically details how time travel works in this setting. I'm picking the ones that make this the happy ending it is supposed to be.

Aggregator gang
Too bad the story goes with the time-travel and the last chapter don't have comedic scene (only the add-ons with Paula).

Maybe the story will be much funnier if the hero's party can cancel the time-travel spell and Milia got so much embarrassed after the chaos :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
Called it. AXED! Thanks for the translations but holy crap time travel bs and he isn't even the same person anymore. Bleh.

There's an entire timeline where Jin and the gang saw Milia disappear before their very eyes, never to be seen again. They concluded that the spell must have backfired and erased her from existence. That Jin now has to live with the knowledge that he lost the woman he loves because he dared speak the words left unspoken: She's gone because of him.
This. What a stupid ending.

VIP
welp, another fun romcom ended too early. started out too weak, but the more degenerate heroine become, the more fun it is. it take a while to reach that point, which big mistake for weekly serialization. i loved it personally, so RIP. looking forward for author next works. 8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread