Radiation House - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The 1 in 500,000 (3)

G-P

Dex-chan lover
"Li–Fraumeni syndrome is characterized by early onset of cancer, a wide variety of types of cancers, and development of multiple cancers throughout one's life."
Well shit.

I hope this arc goes over fast. I know it's a medical drama, so you have to dredge up some dramatic and rare conditions, but I actually liked the simplicity of the false positive in the arc before. It still had a lot of emotional weight. Here's hoping our main character is actually wrong

Dex-chan lover
@Weabooribs
Considering the chapter/arc title, The One in 500,000.
I'm going to guess the MC isn't wrong, but that condition isn't necessarily suggestive of cancer (classic cancer predisposition disorder). It could just be that the kid has a higher risk of developing the cancer and the MC suggests screening pretty often as a preventative/protective measure. This would also give the Kid bonding time with his Mom in a weird sort of way.

Dex-chan lover
I just wish he was more like he is at the end. All the "I'm a genius so that means I'M AWKWARD" shit with An is really wearing on me fast

G-P

Dex-chan lover
@OniBarubary
I don't think he's awkward because he's a genius. He is a sad, lovestruck dork who clings to the promise he made with Amakasu in his childhood days and seeing her not remembering it makes it awkward for him.

Dex-chan lover
He's almost certainly supposed to be somewhere on the autism spectrum. Maybe Asperger's?

Users who are viewing this thread