Ragna Crimson - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Pointless Story

Dex-chan lover
@Asadlolo
Part of what makes this series so unreasonably fun though is that arguably they fucked up too because Crimson does indeed typically have a point and is in fact quite intelligent. Back at the city he was right that with just a bit more use of planning and a bit less independent action there'd have been a higher chance to permakill the enemy king and that'd have been checkmate right there. Or after they could have properly used his super gateway nexus system and retreated well. And if they'd taken her out at the capital then this whole entire battle and sacrifice wouldn't be happening either. And here Crimson's scheming will also have been a big help to them even with him gone, the teleportation circle wouldn't have worked nearly as well and also the enemy's recognition of the "restriction to humans" and using that to disrupt it was smart and right on target.

Of course conversely, everyone else also has a point that Crimson's psychopathy ends up being an own goal unnecessarily sometimes, that humans are still humans and the paradox of warriors isn't something that can be ignored, etc. Hence the fun! Everyone feels more like a real character, they all act in line with themselves even when that only sort of makes sense and everything is messy just like real human conflicts. Great chapter.

@Bearil
Yeah, kind of surprising actually that someone as normally ruthless/smart as him doesn't have something to deal with that, like a high explosive necklace or something he can trigger by thought (or autotriggers on loss of consciousness) and kills him. Maybe he hates his curse that much though, or maybe it's actually just genuinely rare Crimson is caught off guard badly enough that it happens when it matters.

I love how despite how manipulative and intelligent Crimson is, he still cannot factor human emotion/stupidity into his plans. Then he has to do damage control which usually involves dropping everything (and everyone except Ragna) and running away.

Dex-chan lover
me: the situation is bad, but im sure crimson will pull out Joker card and flip the situation.
*crimson taken out from the game*
Me: well shit...
Ragna will undoubtedly survive, but the Princess and her corps survival chance become slim

@Bearil i was confused at first , but it seems like you pointed out, if crimson dies, he can respawn but if he's knocked out like that he must heal normally

2mhjis.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread