Rakudai Kenja no Gakuin Musou: Nidome no Tensei, S-Rank Cheat Majutsushi Boukenroku - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.3

Dex-chan lover
@Woodfolk : it likely happened over multiple generations, with benefits at first, then they slowly started dropping basics to focus more on developing their aptitudes. Though as soon as they start having lost arts the should have gone back and looked at how training had changed to recover what was lost, but instead lets it degrade further to the point what looks to have been basics previously is now considered high level.

The loss occurring and NOT being undone only makes sense if the schools did the standard idiocy of not writing things down properly. Heck the MC's first life being without aptitude and achieving what he did should be enough for them to have not gone aptitude is everything like they did, so that was likely erased.

Double-page supporter
Man I was hoping it was going to be that he was another element outside of the standard 4 instead of just being smart and everyone else dumb after being reincarnated

Dex-chan lover
@Solaz I mean it's technically possible that he does have a different affinity... but yeah, also he's just strictly better at the normal shit than everyone else on top of that.

Despite that lack of affinity in the normal ones, which is kinda boring generic isekai stuff but is what it is.

Aggregator gang
I can't believe the world changed that much in 400 years, that it isn't the same as before I was reincarnated. *sarcasm*

That's a dumb way to do some exposition.

Nooooooooooo

Making a weak character stronger by making the whole world weaker is a terrible way to do power fantasy.

Imagine a character whose whole problem is that he is not very smart. He works hard at it, trying to match up to smarter people, but then suddenly he is transported to a world where everyone is an idiot. Oh wait. That's every other isekai. Nevermind.

This is fine.

Dex-chan lover
This character is really really dumb.

When going to the future, there is always two possibilities. Regress and progress.

Recognizing those two shouldn't be too difficult.

Fed-Kun's army
Well... I guess he already accomplished his dream of being "sekai saikyou" lol

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna stick to this for a while since the beginning shows that the author can write.

Is this a trend now? MCs getting reincarnated in the future, and then finding out that the overall combat strength in the world has degraded?

Dex-chan lover
@Dagashi Its literally just idiocracy. We see it because the world is staggering and degrading in many ways, even in Japan.

It also conveniently allows the worlds ceiling to drop and gives the MC a false sense of power.

I'm kinda sick of these "In the future magic becomes super shitty for some reason" plots. At the very least, I hope this one explains it at some point.

Fed-Kun's army
It's worse because supposedly a low level spell from his time could somehow mow down a whole line of trees. If that's the case the sages or those right below them would have been destroying the world on a regular basis.
Also it's more unbelievable that his lineage survives and yet the magic knowledge didn't. Usually the knowledge dies because the families who kept it to themselves died out or were broken off and someone failed to pass things down but if seemingly everyone had a certain level of knowledge it would be even harder for it to regress to the level this is talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread