Ran and the Gray World

I looked forward to reading this so much and was blown away by the awesome art. would have loved it but I couldn't get over the creep. So disappointed.

Stunning art (truly outstanding, I was amazed all throughout the series!) and a beautiful story of growing up and understanding the world around you.

Extended;

While I thoroughly enjoyed the story and watching Ran grow, there are obviously some parts that I agree with others. The entire romantic arch between Ran and Outarou was too long for my comfort, but I definitely think it was supposed to be like that. While she considers Outarou her first love, I think it's safe to say that she 'got over' him pretty easily towards the ending of the manga (I'm so giddy over her romance with Hibi! Loved them together!) and it just goes to show that she really was a child that loved someone, but didn't quite understand the kind of love he was trying to give her. A child's love and an adult's romantic love are two different things. Ran was a child, and Outarou should have put a stop to their relationship once he found out she was only ten yet selfishly continued to see her as an adult simply because her body was that of an adult. I guess his fate could be considered karma for being so cruel to sexualize a child? Overall, I adored this manga and wish I could read it over and over again for the first time to get that same feeling again. The usage of magic in this manga is so superb it made me wish I had magic!

SPOILERS!!
Sorry idk how to mark

It would be so good!!!! Maybe even one of my top 10!!!

...But god dammit there just had to be the glasses guy.

The MC is also sort of annoying BECAUSE of him, and its so obviously a writing problem because she used to be very much well written, its just that after she met glasses guy she got unreasonably attached. Like ok even if shes a child, after a point i just dont get why shes so obsessed with otedari or whatever (honestly feels like she was groomed, but i dont think that was like writen in on purpose (also its so creepy how the author "ships" them, ew)).

This manga was genuenly so magical, which is why its so sad that one man knocked it down from a solid 10 to like an up-for-debate 7.5. Its basically a 10 but i couldnt recomend this to anyone without feeling obligated to mention the giant elephant in the room...

But I still really liked the begining and the end which is why i cant say it was bad, but i just wish there wasnt that weird acceptance of basically a pedo... like no one even called him out exept for the brother..... but idk if my 10 yr old sister ran away to a pedos house i probably wouldnt just let her stay there?? like wtf??

Fed-Kun's army
I wish I could recommend this, I wish I could say I love it, because I do love a lot of it. But Outarou is such a massive piece of shit that blotches over the entire manga that it makes my skin crawl.

The worst part is that this is really well written, Outarou has a well written character, but the character written is just so insanely hateable that it covers any redeeming qualities.

Also I'm not sure what author was trying to do when he has the 10 year old (who did transform physically sure) get sexually harassed at every other instance by Outarou.

I also kinda dislike how Outarou and Rans relationship starts, Ran is starved for friendships and wants someone to hang out with, but why is it shown as completely acceptable to ignore sexual harassment and manipulation in order to have a friend.

I think Jin said it best, anything Outarou touches rots beneath his fingers. anything that is related to him ends up being in awful taste.

Dex-chan lover
I love the eyes and eyelash in this manga, a great detail

The only small problem with the author is, that this is the only long manga, he usually publish anthalogy

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The first four chapters were good, then they introduced a 29 years old pedophile as the love interest for the 10 years old MC...

Dex-chan lover
This whole manga feels like one big trip and I’m trying to figure out if it’s a good or bad trip.

Users who are viewing this thread