Rating on the uploader's section :rejected:

Dex-chan lover
Well... it's like the title saying. The reasoning is because the uploader occasionally just learning how to translating he likes. So, it can differentiate the bad one and the good one. And i think it's good to have a nice feedback for a better works in the future. Well the other reason is i am annoyed by their decision to pulled back the chapters. Well it's their rights. It could be a good reason

But the risk is, the uploader's might be attacked by nonsense and ill-feel rating. Maybe the lowering rating have to include reasoning before the system accepted it.

It can appeared on the right side of the uploader's account with just an icon of star with the rate number. And if clicked, you could see their reasons.

What do you think?

Dex-chan lover
Hard no from me. Why precisely because of the negative impact that can arise from this. Now im a thick skinned person so I can take an insult but
that may not be the same for others and i'd much rather not have potential groups be discouraged by having this than to actually implement it. If you
have any type of feedback for the groups express it in the comment section, their group pages, or if you're particularly enthusiastic about it then dm them
but rating them that can fuck right off.

I really don't think we need something that would clearly be abused. There's plenty of ways to give feedback already. To me, a "rating" isn't giving feedback; it's just a lazy way for people to put an arbitrary value on something based on how they feel at the moment -- which is also often used as a silly way for them to vent their anger if dissatisfied. It's a product of modern day "Like or Dislike" culture meant for those who are incapable of forming their own opinion, and who can't be bothered with typing anything longer than a tweet.

You said yourself that a primary motivation is because you're annoyed by a group's delay policy (or removal of chapters, I can't tell). If it bothers you, then just reach out and contact them. As I mentioned before, there's already ways for people to provide feedback, such as: Leave a post on their group page; DM a member directly; The comments section; E-mail; Discord; Forums; Social media -- along with several more. If providing feedback is important to you, then you need to take the time and use words to do so. I'd be willing to bet that any group would welcome and appreciate it far more than some rating.

already been denied/rejected along with upvoting forum posts and downvoting ect.

Users who are viewing this thread