Rating system of Mangadex

I just wanted to talk about the rating of the site, and your thoughts about it, personally I like the ratting in the site, why ? Harem or bad drama always got bad rating, i mean everybody has their own taste about manga but at the sametimes with all agree that some are really really bad, harem here always got a bad ratting but yes they deserve it, harem is just some weird guy who want girls, but does not see that they love him and drama are just too much sometimes.

What's your thought ?

Dex-chan lover
> What's your thought ?

I have no idea what you are talking about :/

Whoa, whoa!! Slow down buddy.
I know harem manga arent always the cleverest ones in terms of writing, but saying that all harems manga suck its a bit of an exageration if you ask me. They are not my personal cup of tea, but that doesnt mean they are all bad.
The same with the drama tag, there are a lot of drama here that are pretty good.
Reggardig the rating system, well I say its infulenced by popularity of the works a lot. Which in my opinion its pretty unfair. The most popular works always have a high rating, only because they have a lot of fans following them, that so quickly rate their favorite work as a 10 or 9. But thats the nature of fandoms and nothing can be done there. That means that mediocre works, only by being popular have normally a higher score than other works.

not a shot, but I think it is just that currently the ratings match your preferences and what you've come across. Over half the titles marked as harem have a 7.5 or higher. I posted in the general forum, something I noticed on this site. Of the rated titles, there is only about one page that are rated below a five. On this site five is supposed to be average. So there are 713 pages of manga that are rated average or above and one page of manga that are in the 3+ to 4.99 range, bad to very bad. Nothing below a 3.

Users who are viewing this thread