Ratings on Recently Added Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
There seems to be some weird rating activity on recently added GL titles. Within about two hours of being posted, thirteen 10* ratings and nine or ten 1* ratings will appear in the ratings. These include titles that have no chapters added under any languages. The ratings also appear all at once, like it's a batch of ratings hitting all at once. And the 10* and 1* ratings are separate and appear at different times. I checked some other genre titles, but this seems to be GL specific. Looks like some bot activity targeting newly added GL titles.

Not sure if the team is already aware of this, and that's what the 10* ratings are trying to balance or not. Just thought I would bring my observation up to the MD staff. The result ends up bringing down the starting rating value of all new GL titles.

If this is something the MD staff is already aware of, or something that can't be addressed, feel free to delete this post.

Solution
This is not something that is unique to girls' love titles. What it boils down to is there are groups of people that hate certain themes/formats/generes and make it there life's mission to hate those things as much as possible (i.e. try to rating bomb a title). This is one of the reasons bayesian average was introduced instead of just the plain average. bayesian average helps prevent a small number of ratings dramatically impacting the overall score.

Note: it should be said that the opposite type of people also exist who just rate everything 10 because it's in a category they like.
Contributor
This is not something that is unique to girls' love titles. What it boils down to is there are groups of people that hate certain themes/formats/generes and make it there life's mission to hate those things as much as possible (i.e. try to rating bomb a title). This is one of the reasons bayesian average was introduced instead of just the plain average. bayesian average helps prevent a small number of ratings dramatically impacting the overall score.

Note: it should be said that the opposite type of people also exist who just rate everything 10 because it's in a category they like.

Solution
Dex-chan lover
While that is true, and I don't deny that occurs, this seems more systemic than just people seeing a title and rating it either positively or negatively. And this is noted by the consistent numbers and timing of said numbers. Otherwise, yes, I would just write it off as people just being shitty.

MD@Home
The ratings also appear all at once, like it's a batch of ratings hitting all at once
Ratings, views, follow, and comment count aren't updated in realtime but periodically (server cost issue)
This is why you think they are rated in same time but actually not when site update them at once

If this is something the MD staff is already aware of, or something that can't be addressed, feel free to delete this post.
They wouldn't delete your post. Instead mark anyone answer as solution then its done 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread