Reader mode: Long strip image loading getting slower?

Is it just me or has the Long Strip reader mode been getting slower in the past few weeks?

I'm using rather old tablet (32-bit ipad2) as my main manga reading device, but the images used to load quite fast before.
But now it takes at least 4 minutes to load all images and it seems getting even worse over time.
I've done all I can at my end by clearing cache and all that regular stuff, but nothing seems to make any difference.

Has something changed with the Mangadex site that could cause this massive slowdown when using the Long Strip reader mode?

I'm loving the the site, but ~4 minute loading times for each manga chapter is getting painful.

Ps. Site Suggestion: When using the Long Strip reader mode, all images load simultaneously and it puts quite a lot stress onto your device.
Could it be possible to change the Long Strip mode or add a new reader mode where the images load in orderly fashion starting from the first page?
This would put less stress for the device as images would load one by one as you keep reading instead of all at once. (for instance, mangahere.mobile site uses this load order and it work quite well even on older devices)

Power Uploader
Try Infinite Scroll, it does exactly that.
Normal reader will also load some images ahead and load the rest as you read.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Jordick posted:

Has something changed with the Mangadex site that could cause this massive slowdown when using the Long Strip reader mode?
I'm guessing part of the reason is the growing number of people using long strip mode

Contributor
Sorry for the OT, but are you guys doing something to the website code? Script don't load well and some options don't works anymore like the follow list, settings and the fonts, on the other hand the site load more fast. :D

Users who are viewing this thread