Reader README.txt

Power Uploader
@frapco

Since that particular title is a Webtoon (as can be seen from it's genres), it defaults to Long Strip natively.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

These past days have been just patching the holes I've been making as I've the refactored reader.

Contributor
@Teasday

"Compared to the old reader that simply printed everything at once"

Pertaining long strip, there is no way of getting that back? I just read a 37 page chapter that continuously had pages deep into the chapter that took a long time or just refused to load. What is called long strip in this version of mangadex is really just infinite scrolling right? Where pages load as you move down right?

The old long stripe was perfect for me. I am on a unstable dorm connection that shuts off at 11pm.

The new version does not really work for me. If I refresh I am just send back to the start of the chapter again.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Elli posted:

Pertaining long strip, there is no way of getting that back? I just read a 37 page chapter that continuously had pages deep into the chapter that took a long time or just refused to load.
Technically, there already is: with advanced options enabled, there's a button in the settings modal next to the preload amount that you can press to start preloading that entire chapter, assuming you're also logged in. The reason there's no option to preload entire chapters by default is to prevent its overuse, especially with particularly long chapters. Some have page counts in the hundreds.

M4nuM4L.png

Holo has been making some changes with the image servers today, which might explain the problems with the loading if they're only recent.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

There's been a trickle of minor bugfixes in the past few days to which I haven't bothered to write up a separate update.

Power Uploader
@Teasday
In long strip mode, if I click on the next page button in the menu while the next page hasn't finished loading I get sent back to page one.

Also i long strip, if I press cancel on go to page, I will get sent back to page one instead of staying at the current one.

I also think the option to go to a certain page should be made more obvious, as I didn't even know we had it until I though "why wouldn't we have it?" and tried pressing the page numbers.

edit: Go to also doesn't take you to the page you want if it isn't loaded yet in long strip.

Custom title
Staff
Developer

Wew, it's been a while. I wasn't even planning on updating the current iteration of the reader and instead just going straight to the next major version, but here we still are. I've rewritten the rendering and loading system partly in preparation for the next version, and while I improved some things, I may very well have messed things up in some other way that I didn't come across during testing. Please let me know if you find anything and if you think I actually changed something for the worse.

everything loads slower now, 250mb/s isnt enough to avoid this https://i.imgur.com/Y6156vX.png, doesnt matter the server, chapters on "mangadex" server work like shit as well, like the one on the screenshot, by mangadex severer i mean this https://mangadex.org/data/7e7447c229f1c2905edb387307794a7a/x4.png not the s1/s2 (they work just as bad)

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@stop_islamization_of_eu posted:

everything loads slower now
Yeah, I actually fucked something up. I intentionally induced a random 0-3 seconds lag to every image for testing purposes but I forgot to remove it.

Dptio.png

The fix has been made, Holo just needs to put it up as soon as he has time from work to do it.

Custom title
Staff
Developer

Delayed chapters didn't work in long strip mode, fixed that.

As a new addition - and this is unfortunately going to be kind of obscure outside of this thread since it's not explained inside the reader - scrolling the mouse wheel over the "Page x / y" area in bottom right will now turn the page. However, just like clicking on the arrows there, it always turns by only a single page even in double page mode, giving an additional way to shift to a correct position.

Custom title
Staff
Developer

History state will now be updated at most at a 100ms interval because apparently Safari doesn't like changing it at sanic speeds.

Custom title
Staff
Developer

Besides the MangaPlus update thing, I removed axios in favor of standard fetch, and also use Image.decode now to try and prevent flashing on page turns.

Custom title
Staff
Developer

Added a gap check between manga changes (including the initial load and through the recommendation links) to prevent the user from accidentally reading ahead. Requires having the gap check setting on (though it's on by default). The API and the read marker system are currently limited so the chapter is going to get marked as read regardless.

(The update isn't actually live yet, will be whenever Holo has time)

Custom title
Staff
Developer

Fixed a couple of small issues, most notably the "Preload all" button not working as it should have.

Any chance for this coming to Android?
You don't even need to host it on the store, you can just have an APK file download.

I'm using iPad Safari 9.x, I know it's not supported but it works fine, except for some chapters where it behaves in a weird way. I tried debugging it quickly but couldn't find anything obviously broken and I don't see differences between the chapters that do work and those that don't.

For example, Sousou no Frieren chapter 6 doesn't work but chapter 12 does.

This is what happens on chapters that don't work:
[ul]
[*]preloading doesn't work
[*]when switching to a page that I haven't loaded before (page 1 -> page 2), it gets stuck on the loading animation indefinitely
[*]if I switch to another page and then go back to it (page 2 -> page 3 -> page 2), it shows the page (provided the image has already loaded)
[/ul]

Do you have any idea about what could be causing this? I'd very much like to keep reading manga on this ipad so I can look into it myself.

I am quiet curious if user can add missing ch or not if not i think this feature will be useful because there is a manga that is not uploaded here but in illegal sites i can see this ch has progressed a lot
an idea user can mark ch as illegal by adding if that ch exists in illegal site by adding link of that ch from illegal site so if someone flags the missing ch (if this feature exists ) then the you can confirm from the link the ch adder gave in the form

Users who are viewing this thread