REAL

After reading this, i went straight to read vagabond. ( what's the obsession with pooping in the first chapter?)
I can understand why vagabond went on a hiatus.
I feel like the characters that inoue chose for real have more room to feel and express rather than just stick to a particular stereotype.
The story is perfectly blended.
Weirdly, I found myself falling in love with nomiya, a man with many flaws.
His charater is very intricately made, his flaws and good points are both so well balanced to make his character very real but morally in a good place.

Tl; dr
The characters are amazingly real and not a moment went by that I couldn't feel something when I read this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
Amazing manga. My personal favourite.

Although its subject is fairly common (looking past differences, evolving through struggles, etc), the way it's approached is unique.

"Real".... the title fits perfectly. It feels real. The situations depicted in the manga could all happen. The character could actually exist. And i think it's also why this manga's a masterpiece. When treating such difficult subjects as those, the author often has to force the situations artificially. Inoue manages to make it organically. It perfectly clicks.

I really wish Inoue will keep working on it, i keep re-reading it and i want to see how it will unfold. Although in this particular case, the journey is even more important than the ending.

@practicallyuseful
Did you read all of vagabond? I really think vagabond has more about the world and art and this focuses on character development, and is worse than musashis development (a lot less chapters of Real tho). I rate your comment Real dogshot

ngl I'm not the biggest fan of this art style (too used to the "aesthetically pleasing" ones) but inoue is so good at conveying the exact meaning. i binge read this between classes, and i like how even if I personally don't like a character i still end up hoping the best for them

t3in3v.jpg

would probably read it soon

Sorry Slam Dunkers, but this might be a better series than SD
Based and, heh, REAL. Inoue is absolutely cooking here; hopefully I can read past Chapter 96, this shit makes me want to run a hundred miles and then feed the poor, somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread