Realist Maou ni Yoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Ch. 43

Double-page supporter
"Did you just say no giant snail? Well here's one for you!"

Dex-chan lover
chorusthumb.0.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I prolly don’t :worry:
The snail is a medieval allegory for Lust.
The knight-fighting-snails is an allegory for the fight against temptation.
The more fun ones have the knight actually losing to or being jumped by snails.. ;)

There's actually a ton a medieval snail shaped badges and flutes found. The badges are usually meant to ward off temptation.
The flutes... errm.. not so much...
Not as "bad" and ...unmistakable... as a duck, especially the ones "stepping"with a raised leg. That's not a leg... ("I'm available for the attention of the Ladies of Negotiable Affection"/"My prowess is significant"...)
There's local variations/codes to them, but the snail and duck are pretty universal for most of western Europe.
Makes it fun to accessorise your kit as a re-enactor.. ;)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The snail is a medieval allegory for Lust.
The knight-fighting-snails is an allegory for the fight against temptation.
The more fun ones have the knight actually losing to or being jumped by snails.. ;)

There's actually a ton a medieval snail shaped badges and flutes found. The badges are usually meant to ward off temptation.
The flutes... errm.. not so much...
Not as "bad" and ...unmistakable... as a duck, especially the ones "stepping"with a raised leg. That's not a leg... ("I'm available for the attention of the Ladies of Negotiable Affection"/"My prowess is significant"...)
There's local variations/codes to them, but the snail and duck are pretty universal for most of western Europe.
Makes it fun to accessorise your kit as a re-enactor.. ;)
Ohw…I thought it was just for funnies :0. Didn’t know there’s a more in-depth meaning to it.

Dex-chan lover
Ohw…I thought it was just for funnies :0. Didn’t know there’s a more in-depth meaning to it.
Heh.. Yes there is.. An actual field of study, even, with a lot of the codes not really understood or "translated".

Medieval Youf was ... well.. just as rebellious and contrary as Teenagers now... Only human and all that.
"Generations" progressed a bit slower than now, but the basic ..."Old Rules, Old People, Booo"... thing is from all ages.
And, like now, they mostly showed it in fashion, accessories, and "Pub Art". Often in code or slang.
Old churches where stuff survived over the ages have a ton of those things, usually just out of sight.. Or tally marks in places where you "shouldn't be", or...

Young monks indicted in the monasteries were no different ( quite often not a choice of vocation...), so they got up to a lot of shit..
Young nobles... The peaked cap, or as most people recognise it as the "Robin Hood cap" is actually just a hat worn backwards. With the added rakish angle to match. The baseball cap thing is nothing new... ;)
And hemlines on the tunics crept up for males centuries before they did for women in the 20thC.. To about as much scandal at the time.

Who said history can't be fun... ;)

Dex-chan lover
No it’s the snail gag where for some reason medieval monks like to decorate pages with what is basically cartoons, and one of the more known scenes shows a knight fighting a (comparatively) giant snail, so it’s a bit of an in-joke between medieval enthusiasts that a giant snail is a knight’s worst enemy

But also, that shit’s terrifying.
yeah, not going to lie that is terrifying, also thank you because as I said before there is a whole Asian myth about a snail that lives a thousand years and after said time turns into a dragon it's the bases for the pokemon goodra and its evolutions if your curious about it a youtube named GaijinGoomba did a video that talks about its origins among other pokemon

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's a shapeshifter that embodies their greatest fear.
The traveler is here choose your destroyer's form! :wooow:

Heh.. Yes there is.. An actual field of study, even, with a lot of the codes not really understood or "translated".

Medieval Youf was ... well.. just as rebellious and contrary as Teenagers now... Only human and all that.
"Generations" progressed a bit slower than now, but the basic ..."Old Rules, Old People, Booo"... thing is from all ages.
And, like now, they mostly showed it in fashion, accessories, and "Pub Art". Often in code or slang.
Old churches where stuff survived over the ages have a ton of those things, usually just out of sight.. Or tally marks in places where you "shouldn't be", or...

Young monks indicted in the monasteries were no different ( quite often not a choice of vocation...), so they got up to a lot of shit..
Young nobles... The peaked cap, or as most people recognise it as the "Robin Hood cap" is actually just a hat worn backwards. With the added rakish angle to match. The baseball cap thing is nothing new... ;)
And hemlines on the tunics crept up for males centuries before they did for women in the 20thC.. To about as much scandal at the time.

Who said history can't be fun... ;)
Just as I thought the pages Border really are just designated shitpost area in the middle ages

Users who are viewing this thread