Reborn as a Phoenix: A Normal Bird Can't Beat a Dragon, Right? - Ch. 1

Does almost all 'reincarnated into a monster' themed manga have the same beginning? Becomes a monster -> Finds a damsel in distress -> saves her -> becomes partner.
And also wtf? why would a person who is supposedly European descent and probably have never contacted eastern culture or even heard about it name someone after it. That is logically impossible.

Dex-chan lover
@Eshtha
Pretty sure she just named him after the sound he makes, and then an honorific may have been added too, since this is a Japanese story after all.

Also, yeah. Most reincarnated as a ______ stories do end up going along that route. Especially if the story is predominantly based in human society. Without a cute female/mascot creature, how would they ever expect to make sales with such a cookie cutter setting and plot?

Stories like Re:Monster and Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka? definitely do not follow this path though., same for Reincarnated as a Slime to an extent.

Double-page supporter
That girl: raise the right if your a boy, raise left if your a girl

*mc raises left wing*

translation thing: *right*

That girl: oh so your a boy

Fed-Kun's army
You must be a pokemon proffesor naming things after the sound they make.

Double-page supporter
So he wanted to be free but become her pet ?
That makes no sense

Dex-chan lover
why bird?
better be a dragon, frolick around, playing with monster (eat) and then after hundreds of year getting bored....
change into human, make contact, make a lifetime experiment if dragon are actually able to procreate and stuff

@bhavy
maybe. but most in story i've read it has different personality with "same" body
kinda defeats the purpose of immortality though

Dex-chan lover
@bhavy
actually no
i'm commenting about ïmmortality" of phoenix...

what i mean is
yes, they are revived when died but no i dont think it's actually had the same personality. definitely NOT the same person (if phoenix can be called a person)
so immortality is a vague term

Users who are viewing this thread