Reborn as a Space Mercenary: I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship! - Vol. 6 Ch. 27.1

Aggregator gang
I remember reading the web novel and thinking this part had a lot of references and shout outs to FALLOUT NEW VEGAS, at least the toaster xD
i couldn't put my finger on it but i had a few moments even in the manga where i felt a little bit of Fallout new vegas influence. Prominently the one with cola and making your pee glowing (obv not to nuka cola). Glad it wasn't completly out of nowhere

Banned
Elma and Chris being iffy maybe because of those who lusted and wanted to have seggs with robots were probably the past nobilities of the Empire. Basically Elma and Chris' ancestors being a deviant. Both of them being iffy because its a shameful past, but a shameful past that led to a prosperous peace.

Its like winning WW2 without using the atomic bombs, but instead dropping tonnes of lewd illustration of America women.

Dex-chan lover
I like the idea that mechanical intelligence doesn't have the instinct or urge to propagate so the wish to destroy competitors is minimum. How I wish our current dilemma with AI would go down this path, or more peaceful one.

Dex-chan lover
Toasters becoming sentient and wanting to kill all humans? That sounds like a line from a stereotypical military person in a movie. Also it reminds me of this joke:

I walk into the kitchen with a loaded gun.
My wife asks me what it’s for.
I tell her “Decepticons”.
I laugh, she laughs, the toaster laughs, I shoot the toaster.

Users who are viewing this thread