Reccomendation for comedy-less action manga?

I've been looking high and low for any action manga that doesn't have a shred of comedy in it. Too much of the relevant stuff I looked at either had a tag I didn't like (drama) or it was rated too low for me to be willing to try.

Dex-chan lover
@goodie-bag

Trying to find a good comedy-less action manga is hard to begin with. One should have a good skill in drawing a battle scene with nice effect. If they don't have it, generally a drama (relationship story) have to add to it.

But here we go titles that i could think of. There is a drama of course because they are a story, not a game plot. But the drama could be overlooked because its not that good actually, not have much relevance in the story

Tower of god
King of fighter
Hardcore levelling warrior

Even a gore, mostly had drama to holds important relevance in it. Maybe you can explain it more with example that you could think of?

@AA1

Well, what I meany by no drama was nothing that had intense feels in it.
It would be way too unreasonably hard to find any without any level of drama or unintended drama.
I'm okay with horror unless it's the type Happy Sugar Life and Future Diary have. Yandere stuff freaks me out.

The only ones I have in my follows are:

Rise of the Shield Hero

Black Lagoon

Rise of the Shield Hero only technically has comedy in it because it's unintended.

Dex-chan lover
Try these.
Berserk
Youjo Senki
Kingdom
Vagabond
Holyland
The Breaker and it's sequel
Red Storm
Heresy
Claymore
Hellsing
Parasyte
All you need is Kill
Ichigeki
Goblin Slayer
Drifters
Issak
Hawkwood
Wolfsmund
Zetman
Darker than Black watch the anime season 1 and ova skip season 2 trust me.
Angolmois

While most of these do contain drama it's nothing intense (except berserk and Ichigeki at 1 point). There's also some comedy in there but it's purely for comedic relief and is not prevalent in the story. lol let me know if you want more I got more but I think I might have gone overboard already.

Kingdom 100% incorporates comedy like most chapters. That being said not a bad list.
Ubel Blatt is a good one although it hasn't updated in awhile. Still a great read though.

Dex-chan lover
@PantsMan
No I don't see the comedic aspect of it. If you do then more power to you man.

@TalesForgotten
I never denied that Kingdom lacks any comedy. When I think of Kingdom the comedic side of it is not what comes to mind but the action and the
bullshit that is Riboku and Houken
. Honestly thinking back on it I can't even remember a single funny moment in it besides when
Shin finds out Ten is a girl.
. Don't get me wrong i'm positive there's more but they had such little impact that i've completely forgotten about them.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, most things have comic relief in it to some extent because if everything is in a constant state of being depressingly low, it becomes stale. Hence why most of Shakespeare's tragedies are also his funniest plays.

Kemono Jihen, for instance, has a lot of comedy but is also so incredibly fucked up and grimdark that you need the comedy to break up how horrible some of the shit is.

Users who are viewing this thread