Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 11 Ch. 42 - On the Precipice

Dex-chan lover
Wait what... please don't. I thought buddha is on the side of humans.

Dex-chan lover
Buddha is going to be an interesting fight. I wonder how they will play with the rule of Buddha forgiving the sinner 3 times. Probably going to be something like striking Buddha three times and you'll be smited, aka 1 hit ko'd to oblivion. Which would make Buddha impossibly strong.

zbDThD.gif

Dex-chan lover
@Budhha doubt it Jesus is similar to Hercules where he's half man half god and after his death he's more god than man going to heaven and all.

Double-page supporter
@Atmosk
And Jack the Ripper isn't the greatest evil of mankind either, it doesn't really matter either way. You always get these circle jerk type comments from these kinds of pseudo-"historical" works either from the author themself or comments like yours. Like a lot of Korean novels always circle jerk legendary Korean figures and make them on par with others even though they really shouldn't. At that point, it's basically just a popularity contest. In the end, it's more about execution and delivery. These fighters could have been replaced with entirely different ones, but would the fights still be as fun or interesting to read? Sure Hakuho is a greater Sumo than Raiden, but would the manga still be as hype? Plus Hakuho is literally alive still as of this comment while Raiden has been dead for a long time and more liberties can be taken in the writing regarding his shit.

Dex-chan lover
Oh? Is Zeus trying to kill off buddha or make him betray humanity with the next round??

This is gonna be fun for sure!

Dex-chan lover
@Bengon Isn't there usually a lot of legal quagmires with fictional works invoking the names and personages of real people? Like Japan seems to have more lax records in what is "copyright" but since this is a serialized manga, I'd imagine that depciting a real person could go very iffy.

Double-page supporter
@UnluckyGrape
That's probably true as well. I can also see stuff being considered "defamation" too if the person in question doesn't like the portrayal. I believe that's happened a few times before in the West.

Dex-chan lover
I have saw a spoiler comment which said that
Buddha will fight for humanity in the next round

I do wonder why Jesus don't join the fight against the Gods, Gnostic Jesus is all about Mankind surpassing and defeating Yaldabaoth

Users who are viewing this thread