Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - A Magnificent Copy

Fed-Kun's army
Just saying that... Kronos is the father of Zeus not Chronos sooo... bad author bad !

Pretty sure he's winning this, It'll stop all the gods from being condescending and all that shit, plus, compared to Thor who's been in constant battle, this wrinkly old man is far weaker I believe. Zeus is pretty much fighting himself, but a far younger and in his prime version of himself. So there's no way he's winning. Unless he starts cheating.

Holy shit is this real? Did Adam actually WON? Or Zeus will stand up like no biggie and crush the puny human? To be continued...

Also this whole chapter was a huge JoJo reference and I loved it.

Dex-chan lover
@Mortaze
Might be the translation unless it is written in english in the raws.
As far as I know japanese of chronos and kronos would be read/sound as ku-ro-no-su.
Unless one knows lore, i dont know the difference either, most would opt for chronos since it looks more english.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to see at least a little variation in the "All gods are massive douche-canoes" setting. Just give me something other than 100% asshole and "grudging respect"(Thor).

Conflating Chronos with Cronus ( aka. Cronos/Kronos)... *facepalm*

Why am I not surprised, this manga is complete crap anyway; from the premise*, to the absolutely horrible selection of humanity's "champions", to the inaccurate and uninteresting portrayal of the mythological deities, to the paneling, to the grotesque anatomy...

* I could see the (problematic) premise leading to something semi-decent if handled well, but this author seems like a cheap imitator of Keisuke Itagaki.

edit: No, that was definitely not a translation error, because the god of time in greek mythology was Chronos, not Cronus.

Power Uploader
Alright, for everyone talking about the "Chronos" and "Kronos" I just updated the chapter, apologies for missing that.

@IAmInept But there was nothing wrong with your translation! The problem is the author himself being confused! 🙂

I'd keep it as "Chronos" and possibly add a T/L note, clarifying that Zeus' father, "Kronos", was not the deity of time.

Anyway, great job! I can't say I love the series, but I'm truly thankful to scanlators like you. Thank you!

@Oyoo8o - The translator himself admitted to mistranslated it as per https://imgur.com/a/oUVC12f since the context was about his father which is Kronos, not Chronus.

Yeah, the spelling is my bad as there's no real way to distinguish the names in Japanese. (Either name would just be クロノス)

That being said, I think the author has decided to somewhat combine the two based on the references to speed and time in this chapter, similar to how the people of the Renaissance created Father Time as a combination of ideas. So just blame whoever you want, I guess?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread