Records of the Mystic Gardens - Ch. 185 - True Warrior of Tumultuous Gold

Double-page supporter
Unfortunate that the story had to end, pretty long winded for sure, but I like its concept of gardens. Hopefully, after they finish their current work, they can make the sequel to this.

Thanks to NotARealScans for bringing this work here

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the giant batch, even if it was axed I had blast with this series till the end and the artstyle was very refreshing and unique. Really hope to be able to read more from this author in the future.

Thanks again!

I wonder if anyone know I can support the author. The idea of gardens as cultivation was so freaking unique and I hope to see if their next work have something similar
well according to note in 184 chapter author is starting make another manhua following zhan visiting lives in outside cang lang clan control area

Fed-Kun's army
Damn I hoped this would be more popular as the world building for a cultivation manhua is pretty unique and interesting, and the art style really grows on you

That was a great ride, it's a shame it had to end prematurely but it had a suprisingly good ending despite being rushed. Garden cultivation is a really unique concept and the MC was quite unusual which made it more interesting as well. I can only hope the author gets to continue that what if story when they've gotten some better successes under their belt. Also thanks a lot to NotARealScans for translating this project to the end. I enjoyed it a lot. If I could read chinese I might have tried to follow the authors next work to support it properly.

fuck...... i just love record too much, i cannot bear to see stopped. what do you think odds to sequel is made?
The author note said they needed to have 1-2 hit works before they can try to continue this series, so probably very low chance.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for transleting it to the end!
I really liked it, both the art and the plot.
But the art especially, it was really beatuiful and captivaintg.
It's a pity it was cancelled, but nevertheless I am happy with it, since it feels finished, not rushed and not without an end.

wow for once i can post a reply while everyone is still here.
Anyone have any thought as to why this story wasn't popular enough?
If I had to guess I think perhaps it was a mix of art style and theme being too unique. Like the author said at the end Lone Cultivators(unique artists) aren't really wanted, it's better to be just like everyone else and work towards being a community, just like how Communist China wants.
The art did really grow on me especially the portrayals of the hot girls, but there were several times I considered dropping it, and I only continued since I wanted to read till the end.

I don't understand why the author stresses bad numbers and data so much. I know it's probably the most complete form of feedback they got, but they seem to forget how original this work is, storywise, worldwise, and artwise. It was a very good read and I for one was really happy to have something new and well cared for like this. You can't imagine the amount of cr*p that gets published.
Anyway, big thanks to the author and to NotARealScans for bringing this to us! I hope a sequel happens!

Dex-chan lover
Anyone have any thought as to why this story wasn't popular enough?
If I had to guess I think perhaps it was a mix of art style and theme being too unique.
Well, yeah. The story + the art doesn't make this concept really easy to get into, for the common people.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why the author stresses bad numbers and data so much. I know it's probably the most complete form of feedback they got, but they seem to forget how original this work is, storywise, worldwise, and artwise.
It's as clear as day for me.
You can't create art without money, how do you buy your basic necessities whithout it ?

The platform is allowing author to get sponsored while publishing their work. If it doesn't bring enough money, the platform will stop giving author a spot to publish. They can try publishing elsewhere if they wanted, but if people aren't paying enough, the problem will stay the same.
If they had a sponsor who could keep giving, then author could create more, it's as simple as that.

Since the platform whishes to cancel author's spot for publications because of bad numbers, obviously author is going to say why they have to stop creating their story, because the numbers are not good enough !

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't think it was that bad, though even author isn't really sure about how to explain his concept sometimes so it comes out a bit messy and mystic (just like the gardens but much less pretty).

I agree that author needs more time and experience to make a better and more compelling story.
Rushing things like having to produce a finalised chapter every week doesn't give you much room to ponder about how to lay out the story, more so if you're also the one drawing it.

Users who are viewing this thread