Red Blue - Ch. 209 - Capture Every Moment

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 21, 2020
Messages
124
Well, if you're going to retire no better time than that to break your hand in the last fight.

Minus the injury this fight went about as well as it could go for everyone involved.
  • The King gets one final thrill before leaving the throne.
  • MC learns a lot about this loss and he still shows his worth to the show runners.
  • The show runners get the "knight conquering evil" outcome they wanted with a match that wasn't one-sided.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
1,771
Etching CTE deep into his brain. Lalala.
Well, I guess since he remembers everything, it's somehow not that bad.

Also, what do you mean TKO? Shouldn't this be a KO?

Did Orima really try this punch for the very first time in this fight? And he used it to strike the skull, hardest bone, directly? Because that's what I'm assuming he means by saying he's inquiring and thinking that in theory punching with the ring and little finger can be like a pickaxe. Did he even train to punch like that and toughen those bones?

Breaking his right just as he's about to leave and go fight for another organisation is quite the silly decision.

Is this some weird thing about how Aoba lost the fight but got a small victory by breaking his fist? Because I can't see it as anything at all, since Aoba didn't plan for it.

Maybe it's supposed to be some sort of hint for his fight with the other guy. In another chapter, Aoba will find out about the broken hand and maybe get some instructions on how striking badly caused that, then he'll think: "Oh man, if I just use my head to catch his punches at the wrong angles, I could break his fist! And then I can triangle choke him! Yeah, buddy!"

Well, if you're going to retire no better time than that to break your hand in the last fight.
He's retiring from Boost, but he's not retiring from fighting; he's leaving for another organisation in the USA. So breaking his hand is definitely not ideal.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
2,329
Dayum, that might’ve been the most painful knockout we’ve seen in this manga. Thank God, the referee got between them before any follow up shots could happen.
 
Active member
Joined
Aug 28, 2025
Messages
4
Etching CTE deep into his brain. Lalala.
Well, I guess since he remembers everything, it's somehow not that bad.

Also, what do you mean TKO? Shouldn't this be a KO?

Did Orima really try this punch for the very first time in this fight? And he used it to strike the skull, hardest bone, directly? Because that's what I'm assuming he means by saying he's inquiring and thinking that in theory punching with the ring and little finger can be like a pickaxe. Did he even train to punch like that and toughen those bones?

Breaking his right just as he's about to leave and go fight for another organisation is quite the silly decision.

Is this some weird thing about how Aoba lost the fight but got a small victory by breaking his fist? Because I can't see it as anything at all, since Aoba didn't plan for it.

Maybe it's supposed to be some sort of hint for his fight with the other guy. In another chapter, Aoba will find out about the broken hand and maybe get some instructions on how striking badly caused that, then he'll think: "Oh man, if I just use my head to catch his punches at the wrong angles, I could break his fist! And then I can triangle choke him! Yeah, buddy!"


He's retiring from Boost, but he's not retiring from fighting; he's leaving for another organisation in the USA. So breaking his hand is definitely not ideal.
I think the pickaxe punch (idfk what to call it) was the one where the guy copying him couldn't figure out. And every now and then he'd throw out a strike that make Suzuki go "huh?"

I think he just spammed his Super too much and learned why it doesn't come in the basic kit.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Apr 29, 2024
Messages
55
Etching CTE deep into his brain. Lalala.
Well, I guess since he remembers everything, it's somehow not that bad.

Also, what do you mean TKO? Shouldn't this be a KO?

Did Orima really try this punch for the very first time in this fight? And he used it to strike the skull, hardest bone, directly? Because that's what I'm assuming he means by saying he's inquiring and thinking that in theory punching with the ring and little finger can be like a pickaxe. Did he even train to punch like that and toughen those bones?

Breaking his right just as he's about to leave and go fight for another organisation is quite the silly decision.

Is this some weird thing about how Aoba lost the fight but got a small victory by breaking his fist? Because I can't see it as anything at all, since Aoba didn't plan for it.

Maybe it's supposed to be some sort of hint for his fight with the other guy. In another chapter, Aoba will find out about the broken hand and maybe get some instructions on how striking badly caused that, then he'll think: "Oh man, if I just use my head to catch his punches at the wrong angles, I could break his fist! And then I can triangle choke him! Yeah, buddy!"


He's retiring from Boost, but he's not retiring from fighting; he's leaving for another organisation in the USA. So breaking his hand is definitely not ideal.
The small win for Aoba is that Orima was living in the moment; he got so into the fight that he forgot about what happened next.
Orima may also retire completely from fighting after this fight due to the injury, and Aoba will continue as the grim reaper who makes every opponent retire from BOOST.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Apr 29, 2024
Messages
55
I think the pickaxe punch (idfk what to call it) was the one where the guy copying him couldn't figure out. And every now and then he'd throw out a strike that make Suzuki go "huh?"

I think he just spammed his Super too much and learned why it doesn't come in the basic kit.
Nope, the punch he was talking about was the one that hit Orima last round and almost made him go down
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
1,026
Well, it was expected, it would feel pretty sour for MC to win here imo, but I like that he made it to the last minute. Author did a good job with this fight! Hopefully it's the start of MC getting some respec on his name lol
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 6, 2019
Messages
363
Well, if you're going to retire no better time than that to break your hand in the last fight.

Minus the injury this fight went about as well as it could go for everyone involved.
  • The King gets one final thrill before leaving the throne.
  • MC learns a lot about this loss and he still shows his worth to the show runners.
  • The show runners get the "knight conquering evil" outcome they wanted with a match that wasn't one-sided.
He wasn't going to retire lol he was going to try and become champion in this verse's version of the UFC. Genuinely the worst time to break his hand in what was basically a squash match against a guy who on paper shouldn't have been able to push him and even in practice only did okay

I think the pickaxe punch (idfk what to call it) was the one where the guy copying him couldn't figure out. And every now and then he'd throw out a strike that make Suzuki go "huh?"

I think he just spammed his Super too much and learned why it doesn't come in the basic kit.
No the punch the guy who copied him couldn't copy is Spiral Adamant or whatever and it is basically a casting punch, the punch he busted his hand on was basically a straight where he hit with his minor knuckles (and yes that's exactly why you don't want to hit with your minor knuckles). He'd never tried it before and it was a spur of the moment thing
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 6, 2019
Messages
363
Etching CTE deep into his brain. Lalala.
Well, I guess since he remembers everything, it's somehow not that bad.

Also, what do you mean TKO? Shouldn't this be a KO?

Did Orima really try this punch for the very first time in this fight? And he used it to strike the skull, hardest bone, directly? Because that's what I'm assuming he means by saying he's inquiring and thinking that in theory punching with the ring and little finger can be like a pickaxe. Did he even train to punch like that and toughen those bones?

Breaking his right just as he's about to leave and go fight for another organisation is quite the silly decision.

Is this some weird thing about how Aoba lost the fight but got a small victory by breaking his fist? Because I can't see it as anything at all, since Aoba didn't plan for it.

Maybe it's supposed to be some sort of hint for his fight with the other guy. In another chapter, Aoba will find out about the broken hand and maybe get some instructions on how striking badly caused that, then he'll think: "Oh man, if I just use my head to catch his punches at the wrong angles, I could break his fist! And then I can triangle choke him! Yeah, buddy!"


He's retiring from Boost, but he's not retiring from fighting; he's leaving for another organisation in the USA. So breaking his hand is definitely not ideal.
Orima did it because he's naturally inquisitive and was enjoying himself so much he wanted to try it. His other punch uses an unusual hand position too. He was just being too clever for his own good with this one.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 7, 2019
Messages
216
He wasn't going to retire lol he was going to try and become champion in this verse's version of the UFC. Genuinely the worst time to break his hand in what was basically a squash match against a guy who on paper shouldn't have been able to push him and even in practice only did okay


No the punch the guy who copied him couldn't copy is Spiral Adamant or whatever and it is basically a casting punch, the punch he busted his hand on was basically a straight where he hit with his minor knuckles (and yes that's exactly why you don't want to hit with your minor knuckles). He'd never tried it before and it was a spur of the moment thing
Aoba is a dark horse fighter though. People count him out but his crafty bag of tricks snatches Ws.
 
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
May 25, 2024
Messages
79
Thank you for the chapter, what a great fight. Does this mean Orima might lose his chance at the UFC? I don't follow fighting, so I don't know how long this would delay him or if that's a big deal for him.
 
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
11
The small win for Aoba is that Orima was living in the moment; he got so into the fight that he forgot about what happened next.
Orima may also retire completely from fighting after this fight due to the injury, and Aoba will continue as the grim reaper who makes every opponent retire from BOOST.
This would be such a meme if something like it happened IRL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top