Red Blue - Ch. 33 - Similiar Fighter

Seems like it's leaning more toward a literal translation of the Japanese rather than paraphrasing in a way that sounds more natural to native English speakers.

Still, I can read it just fine, and I'm glad the series is back.

Group Leader
Seems like it's leaning more toward a literal translation of the Japanese rather than paraphrasing in a way that sounds more natural to native English speakers.

No, no, no and no. Sorry this is just horrible quality that we could have shit out like that too if we wanted to use blatant MTL. Every chapter has gross english errors, some of the sentences dont even make sense with context, the only martial arts term they got right is the heel hold. I would not even be mad that they are pushing out chapters, thats good bc we cant provide good translations right now without a translator... but this is horrible. Me and my team are debating if we should switch to MTL too bc we can atleast provide correct terms and care about the established lore. What the hell is Jack Gym? SHARK GYM is even written on the Tshirts. Kumite is the term used to describe tournaments and sparring. The term they probably meant was Te-waza. The whole translation points towards MTL without care for the story. Everything here is a mess, the only thing that is okay is the cleaning/redrawing. There is also no way to contact them, the whole thing is weird as hell.

Dex-chan lover

Same here ngl. I’m just happy someone stepped up to the plate. Here’s Hoping the new translator gets better with time. Tho I’d prefer we went back to the old ways of better quality

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wait so this guy was a gossip goober who picked up martial arts just cuz he got called out? I don’t know who’s motive is worse the MC’s or this clown lmfao!

That aside thanks new guy for the translation! Hope there’s improvement

Last edited:
IMG_1199.png
IMG_1199.png

Bruh this is so bad that I’m wondering if we can have a mod remove them

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
No, no, no and no. Sorry this is just horrible quality that we could have shit out like that too if we wanted to use blatant MTL. Every chapter has gross english errors, some of the sentences dont even make sense with context, the only martial arts term they got right is the heel hold. I would not even be mad that they are pushing out chapters, thats good bc we cant provide good translations right now without a translator... but this is horrible. Me and my team are debating if we should switch to MTL too bc we can atleast provide correct terms and care about the established lore. What the hell is Jack Gym? SHARK GYM is even written on the Tshirts. Kumite is the term used to describe tournaments and sparring. The term they probably meant was Te-waza. The whole translation points towards MTL without care for the story. Everything here is a mess, the only thing that is okay is the cleaning/redrawing. There is also no way to contact them, the whole thing is weird as hell.
For a second there I was so happy when I saw Red Blue on my feed. And then I saw it wasn't you guys and it all went away.

Dex-chan lover
are you going to still translate these three chapters?

Group Leader
are you going to still translate these three chapters?
If we find a new translator, yes of course. We have a constant typesetter and cleaner/redrawer. Our problem is that our translators arent permanent. Sadly, right now, no one seems interested in helping translate the series. As soon as we have a translator again we will translate these chapters. I'll be absolutley blunt though, the chance of that happening in the next months is slim, we asked around a lot and only got rejections.

Dex-chan lover
If we find a new translator, yes of course. We have a constant typesetter and cleaner/redrawer. Our problem is that our translators arent permanent. Sadly, right now, no one seems interested in helping translate the series. As soon as we have a translator again we will translate these chapters. I'll be absolutley blunt though, the chance of that happening in the next months is slim, we asked around a lot and only got rejections.
well fuck, hope you manage to find someone

Wishing you the best of luck, my friend. We are in your corner. Pun intended.

Beside the translation things,good chapter. I'm just happy red blue got translated again :). Hope you guys are doing well

Users who are viewing this thread