Red Storm - Vol. 15 Ch. 287

Two great warriors died into this battle... Hopefully the headhunting is successful.

Aggregator gang
They gave Triquel's magician role to Orca and strategist role to Luna. Compared to both geniuses, Triquel was mediocre. However, he's a friend, a family, a character that cannot be replaced for me.

See you, Triquel. Hope we meet again in the future arcs.

Fuck you, Triquel! That was shitty plan T_T
Such a sacrifice is too much. I'll miss you.

I hope as brilliant shaman he has some kind of horcruxes or afterlife videophone.

Dex-chan lover
Triquel's death feels so wrong, not because he's removed from the series, but because his entire existence felt so bloody underwhelming for so long now, and because it feels asspulled.
He was constantly praised as a genius, he was even compared to a fellow "Mage" by Winnie on his level. His ability to study and comprehend simply did NOT get carried over to actually having any actual bloody results.
Yes, sure, Triquel wanted to be a Warrior over being a Spellcaster. I get that. But almost none of his merits ended up made him seem individually powerful, almost as much as Shubeon superstrength and force-usage doesn't seem all that impressive at all. He's just an idiot with a big axe, that cannot even learn "how to breath" from Luff. Most of the other characters also feel like that -- but Triquel was different. He was the ONLY guy who could use spells..Yet we hardly EVER have seen him make use of ANY of them, other than for training or by experimenting with something.

I.E: Triquel's premise, being a genius and a spellcaster, gave him a lot of individual potential, so much more than any other main character. Triquel could easily become a protagonist with his premise. Yet, he feels so bloody underwhelming. He feels weak and pathetic. And then, he died just like that! He did not even made use of any spells as traps against Abham! I feel robbed.
Again: what a waste of a god damn character. Not because he died, but because his entire premise did not even bloody matter to the very end. What a waste.

Dex-chan lover
Shit, it was unnecessary. It would've been glorious if Triquel was crippled and had to retire as a warrior, but to just kill him like that isn't good.

Noooo
What did he learn all of those things for then???
Author spend so long to establish a character by having him just train and learn, including more about the empire, so we can see how much of use he will be later in any strategy against the empire, but now all of it is just gone to waste after one single appearance by Triquel.

Not sure what to say.. I'm just sad. :x
I had so many expectations about him.. :s
Fuck you, author. :|

At this moment at chapter 287 of red storm I'll state a theory that
triquel didn't actually die. He went to empire or some foreign land to research magic more. And to fill his and yaremahas position he uses luna and abham. He'll be back someday.
And I'll be back if that ever happens.
p.s pls pray i come back ;-;

Garbage Red Mage down.

This isn't a problem. Triquel 2.0 was already established and the fact that Triquel has been doing fuckall in the story so far other than read some books gives this a weird ending. For a genius he is almost never shown doing anything other than read books and fail to use empire magic. He was also never used in any of the magic fights so far because we got Sleepy Assassin. Leader Bro and Berserker Bro have had far more use than his totems and smarts thus far.

Though he did look cool and I always hoped he would do big magic warrior things it never happened because Orca exists and MC never brings him on quests.

Users who are viewing this thread