Red Storm - Vol. 16 Ch. 379

Fed-Kun's army
Niiiiiiiceeeee!!! 379 chapters of anticipation for absolutely nothing at all. I don't know if someone else started to write the story for this manhwa somewhere in the middle or something but it's really a shame what happened to it. And I don't say that just because they didn't fight in the end. I enjoyed it so much for so long but at some point, I couldn't really say when since I read the whole thing pretty quickly, but it just started to decline imo. Especially the story. I just stopped looking forward to what will happen and kept reading because I started it already and that the nice memories of it where still fresh in my mind but since few dozens chapters (tbf it could well be over a hundred at this point) I just read so that I can finish it quickly and put it behind me.

I'm personally not a fan of the events that are happening but that's not even the biggest problem. At some point it stopped being about the characters and just become a succession of events. The fact that a narrator is used so much prove that pretty well. So many chapter were just the narrator telling us what was happening and then the characters saying or thinking meaningless things. They are chapters where all there is is a narrator telling us how a battle is advancing and the characters saying things like "Die", "Break trough" or "Ho no, I must do something". Speaking about battle, there is only that at this point. The guy has a son btw. I say it because you guys may have forgotten it. He has been mentioned three times iirc. When Grace announced she was pregnant, when the empire delegation gave him a healing stone or whatever (so we didn't even knew he was born for some times and that it was a boy!!! Yulian left the unify the eastern desert with the announcement and came back with Grace not being pregnant and no one speaking about the baby) and recently when Trint(?) said to Hiruna that he has to take her brother too. I more proof that the story isn't about the characters but the succession of events. I would find more entertaining to read any newspapers than some of the latest chapters.

Anyway if anyone is still reading, sorry, I make this comment longer and ranted more than I initially thought it would but imo it's such I shame what happened to this manhwa that I loved for so many chapters. I guess the more you enjoy something the easier it is to become disappointed by it.

Users who are viewing this thread