Reimei no Arcana

jak

Contributor
I liked the main girl, but she irritated me at parts...

I get she was close to Loki since she grew up with him, but she loved Caesar. The problem was, her mental stability was too reliant on Loki instead of leaning on Caesar like she should have. It made Caesar feel like a 3rd wheel in his own relationship and that kinda ruined it for me. I felt really bad for him especially at the end.

And to think the entire time I was shipping her with Loki lmaoo I’m finished

jak

Contributor
@ Trippy - I figured she would end up with Caesar from the beginning. It was also cemented by the fact that...

Loki is her brother

The problem was that they should have focused on her with Caesar more.

Double-page supporter
This was decent. The plot felt too ambitious at the end and that's where it fell really short. But overall the feels are there, and the story is pretty solid. There's only one thing that I really don't understand about the storytelling though.

It's been awhile so bear with me. There's one point in the story where Nakaba 'realizes' that Loki 'loved' her all along. Of course this is mainly in her POV, but there's this one scene where Loki sees her sleeping and it seems like he wanted to hold her close but can't. At this point the readers still don't know he's actually her brother, so for the entire story we all assume that he's loved her in a romantic way all along. The reveal happens at the very end of the story and that's it. That was just bad pacing; it felt like the author changed their mind near the end. It just made all that 'romantic tension' between the two seem really weird. I mean, maybe he did love her in a romantic way...but how it was revealed to the readers felt really unfair. I can't imagine how it would've felt for the shippers xD

Which leads to the other problem addressed already- the last volume focused so much on Loki that Caesar was put to the side. The focus on Caesar was pretty good only up till the last arc and especially the last volume of the story. Really wish they expanded on the pair's relationship at least with an epilogue.

It is excellent - It reminded me of Yona of The Dawn if it had been condensed to 50 chapters. I wish like others, that there was an epilogue and that the last arc put some more focus on Caesar, but still, I cannot complain. I had fun reading this - a wholesome/happy ending for those wondering.

9.5/10 - needed to be longer (maybe 10 more chapters); put an epilogue of Caesar and Nabaka; a few filler chapters just focusing on character interaction, in the end, would have been appreciated.

Fed-Kun's army
I read some of this one back when I first got into manga. (So, at least five years ago.) I dropped it after a while because something about it felt "off" in a way I couldn't put my finger on; now that I've grown up and gotten better at analysis I've reread the whole thing to try to figure out what it was that bothered me.

[ul][*]Thanks to the comments here, I went into it knowing that
Loki is her brother
. It puts his behavior into perspective somewhat, but as others have said in the comments for chapter 52, the story gives mixed messages in this regard, and they're never addressed.
Remember that "winner gets to kiss Nakaba" fight back in chapter three, which Loki won? The kiss isn't explicitly shown, yes, but the way it's framed strongly implies a smooch-on-the-lips deal—I certainly wouldn't have noticed that we never saw the position of the kiss if I hadn't gone back to check. The conclusion you're supposed to draw is obvious. So much so that I'm even loathe to call it a red herring; it feels more like cheating à la violating rules of foreshadowing.
[*]It's permeated with that glorification/excusing of domineering jerks that you often see in otome games. Lots of shoujo manga give at least one of the love interests that quality, but I'm pretty sure every romance-adjacent character here exhibits it in some fashion at some point, including minor characters. It goes past the actions of any one character, into the core morality of the story.
[*]The idea that maybe the visions the Time Arcana shows aren't the only possible futures is discarded pretty quickly without being tested, so it's almost exclusively used to guide everybody to the next plot point, to try to convince you to feel bad about somebody who had theretofore been a Huge Jerk, or for fatalistic angst.
[*]People outside of the named characters barely exist in a real sense. The idea that people who would object to the effects of whatever decision the main characters make is never brought up, period.
Two kings and multiple heirs die/are killed and there's no negative political consequences. They fucking move all the humans into one country and all the ajin into the other. The populace doesn't protest! Everybody's fine with being displaced from their homes and shoved into a foreign country en masse, apparently!
[/ul]
All in all...well, it reminds me a lot of Twilight, to be honest. It has that same self-centered viewpoint, same sympathizing with assholes, same angsty wallowing.

Fed-Kun's army
Runs into a lot of the same problems that Magi has. The author is aiming for something that he/she can not achieve in a short period of time. Creating weird hanging plot and just weird plot movement in general.

Would be awesome if the author came back with everything he/she learned and do something like the sinbad series like the magi author. The sinbad series recognized all the mistakes with story telling and pacing and pretty much fixed all of them. Also learned when to and when not to draw things out. Creating a much more neat series of events to follow.

Amazing story but poor authorial direction is probably the best way to put it.

Dex-chan lover
I don't have the patience for that prince. He never seems sorry for being a piece of shit to her at first, and she started liking him because he bought her a bunch of gifts. Maybe he gets better but I can't wait till that happens so I'm getting out of here.

She disgusts me. Showing concern and loving that condescending, pathetic prince that sneers at beastmen just because they have better fighting capabilities, she makes me want to gag.

Dex-chan lover
reading the comments here have demotivated me to continue reading Ou no Kemono because
since this is a shared universe then the ending for here applys to the other one

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, save yourself and don’t bother reading. Could we have ‘incest’ in the themes section of this also lmaoo aneways the ending was definitely rushed and unsatisfying, the art became boring and half-assed. It started off really interesting but it just lost it’s spark throughout the whole thing. It was executed poorly. Plus, I wanted more moments with her and caeser considering he was the male lead but nope. If you made it this far into my para just a heads up and use your time on another manga.

@controversial-me I today just completed all our no kemono chapter .. It was great I finished in one day because I love it I'll start read this one but the other one was the women how was strong more shounen style i think here more shojo style .. Advise don't ever read comment and try reading it maybe u will like it.

The ending felt rushed and I could tell at some point they were not too sure where the story was going.
I still enjoyed it none the less and it was unpredictable that's for sure (for me anyways) it is a unique world to me and I liked it!

It’s unpredictable alright.....but its not good. Kinda meh at the start, develops into somewhat good. Gets bad at the ending

I absolutely love this manga
I read it a long time ago, but I still remember everything because it was so good
it is really good trust me
it has some boring parts in the middle but not that much
and has a nice and interesting story and really unexpected parts

Users who are viewing this thread