Reincarnated as a Son of an Aristocrat

Dex-chan lover
Isn't there a manga with the exact premise?
Not only the exact premise, but from the synopsis it's like a copy paste but please change a little bit homework thing.

Son of the third aristocrat - checked
Strongest onmyoji - checked
Zero mana - checked

At this point, I guess I don't even need to read this manga to know the story.

Rating: 1/10

I dropped this manhwa after 15 chapters. I think it has a lot of wasted potential and trash decisions by the MC that it becomes unbearable after then.

SPOILERS for those who care (I only read up to chapter 15)
The main character has an amazing build up. All of the logic from him having no mana but being able to sense it makes sense. He also has an amazing design and could have been an absolutely inspiring main character. Hint: COULD HAVE. The first crack in this facade came when he was "expunging" his family from his territory. I read a comment stating that he was very nonchalant about sparing his family after they offed his father, and I say that there are multiple explanations around this.

Let's get the elephant out of the way: First off, he was literally reincarnated into this body and inherited the memory, so let's not pretend that he isn't also technically "stealing" the inheritance from the body's original owner. Yes, his brothers were doing it too, but they were doing it better, that's all there is to it. I can get him having basic respect for his father that created his vessel to live in the world, but anything beyond that would be blind faith, so I let that flaw slide.

Besides, offing your immediate family is always going to be a difficult decision, even if they did the same. It's not as easy as getting revenge. Family doesnt just appear out of nowhere like friends do.

HOWEVER, I do agree that he was way too non-chalant about sparing them after he learned that fact, so I kept that problem in mind instead of dropping it like others did.

The second ocurrance was when MC's friend (can't be bothered to remember the name) gets captured and has her "genes" irrevocably stolen for the sake of power for selfish gain. Now, you could argue that he has a way to fix it and thus can get around this next point, but I don't care:

ON CHAPTER 15, He spared the person that kidnapped and experimented on his friend, even though he was angry the whole time up till then about it.

Huge red flag. I've dropped the series cold from there. I'm not interested in a series where people are forgiving literal psychopaths performing human experimentation. Content's not for me. Sorry.

HEY MC. Are you forgetting that the person you 'forgave' literally advocates for the overthrowing of nobility? That includes you. Even if you could use him as a spy, that is FAR too risky a move to make when your subordinates you currently have are MORE THAN STRONG ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH ANY THREAT.

Nah.

Users who are viewing this thread