Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni naru zo: Akuyaku Reijou ni naru hodo Ouji no Dekiai wa Kasoku suru you desu! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20.5 - The Observer's Game

Dex-chan lover
What's that, "Get behind me!" about? It's not like she poses a physical threat.

"You shouldn't fight with your siblings."
If you don't have siblings yourself, and you're not a parent, you have no relevant opinion about it.

I like their "silent" discussion. Especially the end expressions.

If she doesn't want to get involved with people, there's little reason to think she's lonely.

Well, she does think of Liz as a rival. But not quite in the way you think.

Rare to see her angry.

"Yes men" can be as dangerous, if not more, than people who would always say no.
People who never change their tune are as useless as a flute with no holes. Doesn't matter if they say yes or no. But yeah, if they convince someone they're right when they're not, they're harmful.

Dex-chan lover
if it wasn't obvious already, there's definitely some shenanigans going on. Liz's expression right now, the way she talked about Alicia (the image when she says her personality "started to change" doesn't fit her at all, Liz is fully bsing) and the dude blanking in the previous chapter... there's no way Liz is really just oblivious. imo she's not fully evil (she seemed to be earnest with Alicia when they were discussing her proposal, even if we couldn't hear what they said) but she's absolutely doing something. at the very least she's extremely jealous of Alicia and is trying really hard to one up her in her own way

Last edited:
Group Leader
I don't know if "rival" is quite right given how much Alicia coaches her and critiques her (in order to help her). I don't get much of a competitive vibe from Alicia. More like a strict (and somewhat rude) teacher trying to guide their student to the correct answer and also trying to fill in their student's shortcomings. I kinda wish they'd drop the villainess bit, but also I still think it's super weird that the king asked a girl 5 years younger than Liz to guide her (no matter how precocious Alicia is, this is a weird request). Just have the actual adults change their teaching methods if the previous ones weren't working. Don't shove your work and responsibilities onto a young girl

Supporter
if it wasn't obvious already, there's definitely some shenanigans going on. Liz's expression right now, the way she talked about Alicia (the image when she says her personality "started to change" doesn't fit her at all, Liz is fully bsing) and the dude blanking in the previous chapter... there's no way Liz is really just oblivious. imo she's not fully evil (she seemed to be earnest with Alicia when they were discussing her proposal, even if we couldn't hear what they said) but she's absolutely doing something. at the very least she's extremely jealous of Alicia and is trying really hard to one up her in her own way
I just hope she isn't aiming for the harem ending, knowingly or not.​

Dex-chan lover
This half-chapter makes Liz seem like someone who wants flattery more than sense. Maybe the harem over the kingdom?

I think Liz gets more villainous, while Alicia stays pragmatic and good. We'll see!

Dex-chan lover
Seems people missed the few panels about Liz’s expression when she thought about Alicia and Duke. What was said to her is the biggest clue to her true character. And the word “Rival”

Novel reveal about Liz.
Liz is normal commoner girl. What she’s been spouting out is what she believes what an ideal saint would do. She tries to think of ideal solutions but due to being a commoner that lacks the complex understanding of the kingdom like noble or royalty, her proposed plans are full of holes. Alicia is there to oppose her since right now Liz has only yes people around her due to her inadvertent constant use of charm magic. This charm magic is being activated by her hidden wish that Duke would look at her romantically. However since Duke doesn’t, she is very jealous of Alicia. She doesn’t realize she’s using charm magic at all.

It takes quite a while before all this is revealed. When she is finally confronted about her inadvertently using charm magic and confessing her love for Duke. She will get rejected by Duke and Liz as a character becomes more human, more likeable than the idealized saint she tries to portray herself as she tries to deal with her broken heart. More of Liz true personality is out in the open instead of being hidden. Various things happen, including those who were affected by her charm magic to react in various ways after it is revealed. Liz also becomes a bit spiteful towards Duke, which also includes trying to strangle him when he insults himself about his looks to make him apologize to all the girls. Liz was very attracted to how Duke looked, and she too knows there are many girls who have the same tastes.

People who disliked Liz before, some of them have better opinions of her once her true personality comes out. Liz herself also understands that her plans were kinda bad, but she doesn’t have the education like nobles to understand how complex solving issues could be. She could only hope that a viable solution that’s close to the ideal plan happens. However she sees that Alicia’s actions, although not ideal are actually producing good change. Liz’s feelings about Alicia are complicated.

With Alicia, Liz hates her and admires her at the same time. Part of this is due to Duke only having eyes for Alicia. But knows Alicia is a hard worker even despite being called a prodigy genius for her young age.

Dex-chan lover
When Realistically have some argument with Idiotology Ideology.
lytkk59uifq1HTG9QGI-o.jpg

Supporter
Alright so Finn is definitely up to some shit. He’s got real “demon corrupting the pure maiden” energy to him. Definitely need to reread and see what else hes done. Pretty sure he called out the other girls for badmouthing Liz in ch20 (even though I dont think he was there). And he seems unaffected by her charms. Interesting.

also, is Liz in love with duke? That’d honestly be hilarious since he’s the only one who doesn’t want her. Though given what Duke just said about envying alicia s freedom, I’m wondering if that’s foreshadowing a forced engagement between him and Liz. Interesting.

Aggregator gang
Alright so Finn is definitely up to some shit. He’s got real “demon corrupting the pure maiden” energy to him. Definitely need to reread and see what else hes done. Pretty sure he called out the other girls for badmouthing Liz in ch20 (even though I dont think he was there). And he seems unaffected by her charms. Interesting.

also, is Liz in love with duke? That’d honestly be hilarious since he’s the only one who doesn’t want her. Though given what Duke just said about envying alicia s freedom, I’m wondering if that’s foreshadowing a forced engagement between him and Liz. Interesting.
This is a Spoiler Summary of previous spoiler
yes, she's in love with him

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if "rival" is quite right given how much Alicia coaches her and critiques her (in order to help her). I don't get much of a competitive vibe from Alicia. More like a strict (and somewhat rude) teacher trying to guide their student to the correct answer and also trying to fill in their student's shortcomings. I kinda wish they'd drop the villainess bit, but also I still think it's super weird that the king asked a girl 5 years younger than Liz to guide her (no matter how precocious Alicia is, this is a weird request). Just have the actual adults change their teaching methods if the previous ones weren't working. Don't shove your work and responsibilities onto a young girl
I thought it was said that the very reason why they asked Alicia WAS because she was 5 years younger.

My understanding was Liz is the Saintess and he word is more or less law as she was chosen by god, so anyone with any sort of power telling her she's wrong is possibly in for political damage so no one openly stands against her. (who in a church would call the god that everyone around them believes in wrong)

Alicia is literally the perfect person to stand against Liz because she is young and she's more than willing call out Liz's shortcoming, both of these things are important as Alicia being young gives her the safety of "Not knowing better" of a "kid" that will protect her when she call's out Liz, but Alicia being as smart as she is ( skipping grades and literally being a very power mage) gives her enough respect to be heard and not easily dismissed.

And again Alicia is the only person that is more than willing to call Liz out on her shortcomings.

Users who are viewing this thread