Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni naru zo: Akuyaku Reijou ni naru hodo Ouji no Dekiai wa Kasoku suru you desu! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
When you 're remember you miss something importance but your alzheimer kick in 5sec later.

sgutzk7hzuVzC6R3laSA-o.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The people around the “heroine” are beyond cult-like. The more I see them the more they are like NPC’s playing a part blind to anything else but their role.
The heroine herself is similarly like a robot admin shepherding the NPCs.

Borderline scary to me.

If the plot twist later ends up being our MC realized that all of this is some world controlled by an eldritch monster to mess with her, I wouldn’t be surprised.
Well there was a spoiler earlier but it makes sense.

Dex-chan lover
So the heroine basically have a passive ability to charm people, or maybe it's an active ability. Will see

Double-page supporter
"The wolves just left without harming anyone", so now there are monsters wandering around the countryside, and they didn't think to report this?

Dex-chan lover
I guess this just strengthens the speculation that Liz has some charm effect. Bro went from worried to calm as if the worry was solved without really doing anything. Liz didn't say anything to appease the fact that there were wolves. The fiance girl was somehow not affected or affected less though?

Double-page supporter
So the heroine basically have a passive ability to charm people, or maybe it's an active ability. Will see
I forget the details of how it reaches this point, but it's a mix of both. She isn't exactly aware she's doing it, but after a quick rant about Duke only having eyes for Alicia, and admitting to being a jealous bitch playing up her whole "nice girl" persona, the rest of the not-dumb-as-bricks crew manage to make her aware of her charm ability and deactivate it. People are disillusioned and confused about why they liked her dumb ass so much, but at this point she's pretty okay with it and goes through a bit of character development. She drops the act and straight up says she hates Alicia for getting everything she herself wants just by being herself and Alicia welcomes it, with her and a few people saying they like her better this way.

It's been a while since I read it so I might not recall it too clearly. Sorry if I misremembered or missed a few things.

The bad news is it takes a while to get there. IIRC, we might not even be 1/3 of the way through. Maybe we get there much sooner this time. I hope.

Dex-chan lover
Alicia brings up a valid point: You're evil!

Liz spouting gibberish: What a bold and magnificent point of view!

Fed-Kun's army
To me it seems as if she has the class of a Heroine, so things just passively work around her, like an invisible author tweaking the story to make sure that she appears as a Heroine. Kinda like a character with magical luck and everything just turns out fine with luck.
Except she knows she has this power and manipulates the people around her.

I hope the anime catches up with the manga at a decent pace.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Is her ability seriously just making everyone stupid and unable to think properly? Isn't she a detriment to the entire country?

Dex-chan lover
Heroine:
She is inadvertently using Charm magic on her surroundings because she loves Duke. And wants Duke to love her too. However Duke is too strong in magic to be affected. Others like that or are too strong willed will also resist. This kind of Charm magic makes anyone like her, even people who supposedly dislike her. She is jealous about Duke and Alicia’s relationship. But she won’t be confronted about this directly until after Alicia is “exiled” to another country.

Supporter
I get an uncomfortable feeling reading this story. I love the villainess "redemption" stories but the fact that both the villainess and the heroine are such beautiful characters but the setting bends any effort... It's very creepy.

Dex-chan lover
I get an uncomfortable feeling reading this story. I love the villainess "redemption" stories but the fact that both the villainess and the heroine are such beautiful characters but the setting bends any effort... It's very creepy.
What does that even mean? :question:

Dex-chan lover
Can someone spoil me?
After everyone aware of the charming how their attitude change toward fml?

Dex-chan lover
Really looking forward to the anime since its surely gonna blast past the manga

Dex-chan lover
Heroine: Spy or Charm ability? Vote now!
Neither imo, iirc in earlier chapters there's a few points where the MC also goes uncharacteristically villainess-y, so I think the direction this manga's gonna end up going is the "the world has a System that's forcing people/events onto the Right Path", which is what causes the unnatural affinity towards the heroine. It'd also explain the attitudes towards the wolves here / the stuff happening in the background that's hinted at.

Dex-chan lover
What does that even mean? :question:
He's saying that despite Liz and Alicia getting along (sort of) quite well, the story has some sort of an automated plot correction that still makes Liz the Heroine and Alicia thr Villainess, and that's unsettling.

although based on the spoilers and the next half chapter...

Users who are viewing this thread