Release That Witch - Ch. 218

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, the current/past pope admitted to the church being super fucking corrupt and started to deviate away from the original basis

@rhyo171 Not only that, the witches were the ones who started sacrificing their own kin ... which caused the current situation as it was obvious that many witches were not going to approve of Alice's plan, not only because they stopped being "the blessed" but for mere survival.

In fact, according to the novel, in the 400 and some years that have passed the number of witches that appear or that the church has for the God's Punishing Army ceremony is decreasing, it's not known if it's either due to because of a problem with magic or because people kill them without reporting them to the church... which are fatal flaws in the argument of "as long as there are people new witches will be born".

Er.. sorry i don't understand this... why did the witches become the degenerate of evil again?
I don't quite get it from the story... can anyone explain it in a more easier way please?

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think the logic of making the witches the incarnation of evil or sth like that was the best plan they could have made. That would've been counterproductive as the persecution of witches would lead to less pawns for their experiments before the church could get their hands on the witches. The plan hinged too much on the church (which they havent created yet at the time) dominating all of the land, which.. good luck

Aggregator gang
My theory is that Alice had no choice but to make this decision, and might've been right to do that

However, by sacrificing the witches, they lost control of the humans who were until now treated as inferior species

After that, the roles reversed, and the witches became the prey, and history was arranged

However, by doing that, they are destroying their own future, since now the witches are sacrifices for stuff they don't even know about, nor even care probably, so they have every right to be angry, especially since they are hunted

Also, as other comments said, the witch hunt became too big, and now they lose witches because they get killed by humans instead of being sacrified to make super soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread