Remarried Empress - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
@Khrusaor I agree with most of what you say. Has she done something wrong? Yes, the blatant lie about being the prince’s Pen Pal. A child would tell you that it is wrong to lie to the prince. And to keep up the act is another mistake.

However, I’m interested in her backstory and why she is seeking so much attention from the princes. So far, I’m guessing it’s all to protect herself from her previous owner. Slavery is no laughing matter and I would understand why she would go to such extreme lengths to secure herself. For her it’s not a matter of dignity or passing fun, it’s freedom or death.

Now that Rashta's backstory is confirmed I will concede to feeling a little bad for her. Being enslaved is no laughing matter, and I respect her willingness to do anything to get out of that situation.
I suppose I'll just have to hold all my hatred for the Emperor now. If he really cared about Rashta he would be trying to protect her properly, instead of trying to rely on the Empress to do it for him (seriously though? asking your wife to protect your concubine? bro)

Damn this stupid emperor. STUPID AF. he prioritizes his peener over the empire. STUPID.

He freaking KNOWS that she is a runaway slave, he pities her? ok. you can make her life better by making her a concubine? Sure. Step on the nobilities' pride just to give his (runaway slave) concubine a high born servant? Damn. tarnish the empress' honor and then question it? Oh god. spit on the empress' pride, the very person he married for political power? This guy. HOW? How the flying fuck did this guy become emperor?

Contributor
Oh, she was a runaway slave after all.

Honestly that does make me feel quite a bit more sympathetic to her. Of course she would think it's a dog-eat-dog world where she needs to scheme, and put on acts, and deceive, to get what she wants. For her, it has been.

Not saying I suddenly adore her or anything, but I do pity her.

What a god-damn depressing story.

Also if you think slavery is so horrible, you oaf of a king, have you thought about putting it on the agenda to try and abolish it? ...Well, I assume that thought is too big for his hormone-addled brain.

The Emperor is really acting like a love-struck, simpy idiot. Why would he expect the Empress to call the entire ball off just because of his concubine. He was the one who knew everything, so why didn’t he think ahead.

Does he even actually do anything? Is there anything he can do?? Not that I won't be surprised if he can't, he shouldn't anyway if he's so irresponsible and immature. In conclusion, change the emperor to someone competent.

Dex-chan lover
Does he have a mental illness? Because I find it hard to bilieve that someone with a perfectly healthy mind could possibly not see how bullshit all the words that come out his mouth are. He’s the one who stressed that this is a super important event. Then he gets angry that she didn’t call of the event??? How was she even supposed to know this would happen. Heck if it was so obvious why didn’t he call of the event himself.

If I said I felt bad about her being a slave, I'd be lying. You shouldve sat there and ate your food with the King but no. You trying to play politics despite your meager background. You'rr disrespecting a bunch of people with connections, and that doesn't look good once you take a fall.

If you just sat there, looked pretty, and not stepped on any toes, you couldve been in the lap of luxury with more support than you have now. Bitch, you're dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread