Retire Shita Ningyoushi no MMO Kikou Jojishi - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
bro needs to name his dolls already and cherish the ones he's made already. I predict the thing that MC shares with the other dude is a love of dolls, but its just a matter of how they show it.

Dex-chan lover
I never quite understand what the MC wants to get from playing this MMO. He was able to create doll again, but then he only did that once. Like, what else did he originally wants to do with this.

lol, the author prolly didn't think that far ahead about the series, where the MC is clearly not interested in gaming at all, yet he was shoved into a hardcore MMO game that focused around battles with dolls.

It would be better if the game that he played is a more casual one like those dress-up games, but I guess that won't happen, since this is a shounen manga after all...

Dex-chan lover
I bet the claim the MC and antagonist are the same will fail under scrutiny as some kinda retardation. None of this still makes sense, also its just boring and horribly dragged out. Kudos to the translators though for sticking with it.

If the story doesn't improve soon though I'm dropping.

Group Leader
I'm not quite sure but it ends at chapter 25?
It's not labeled complete but it seems to end there.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not quite sure but it ends at chapter 20?
It's not labeled complete but it seems to end there.

I think the manga ended at chapter 25, which was released last month in JP, since there's no updates again past that, and there's also all the stuffs that happened on the chapter (you can search the raw on the internet).

Dex-chan lover
man, this is disappointing, the story just keeps getting crappier by the minute, the premise was interesting enough but the author dropped the ball hard damn

Group Leader
I think the manga ended at chapter 25, which was released last month in JP, since there's no updates again past that, and there's also all the stuffs that happened on the chapter (you can search the raw on the internet).
I edited it to 25 but it didn't apply it seems. So I edited it again.

Dex-chan lover
lol, the author prolly didn't think that far ahead about the series, where the MC is clearly not interested in gaming at all, yet he was shoved into a hardcore MMO game that focused around battles with dolls.

It would be better if the game that he played is a more casual one like those dress-up games, but I guess that won't happen, since this is a shounen manga after all...
Even in a game centered around batlling, I kinda expected mc to be a crafter and do commissions or something.

Dex-chan lover
Even in a game centered around batlling, I kinda expected mc to be a crafter and do commissions or something.
Or it could have been the game that centered around crafting. The MC created the first doll and then travel the game world for material to craft new doll or upgrade his first one. But if this is for shounen, I guess it's probably been pushed to be battle manga.

Dex-chan lover

The problem is that the author already set the "rules" for the game, where you can get parts from battling other players/PvP or by hunting, so it's not a surprise if the series will lean towards the former, since it's the easiest way after all, and also fits more to the shounen genre.

Another possibility is that the author is also one of those "non-gamer mangaka tried to make a manga about games" kind of thing, where their knowledge in games is very minimal, and they only based it solely on imagination, instead of proper research on some games/MMOs.

Like, how the starter NPC somehow surprised that the MC created a *5 doll at the beginning? That just doesn't make any sense at all, because she supposedly know everything about the tutorial, including the range of doll quality that a new player can create.

This manga tried really hard to make the MC a "Gary Stu" in a PvP-focused MMO game, despite he's clearly not a gamer...

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that the author already set the "rules" for the game, where you can get parts from battling other players/PvP or by hunting, so it's not a surprise if the series will lean towards the former, since it's the easiest way after all, and also fits more to the shounen genre.

Another possibility is that the author is also one of those "non-gamer mangaka tried to make a manga about games" kind of thing, where their knowledge in games is very minimal, and they only based it solely on imagination, instead of proper research on some games/MMOs.

Like, how the starter NPC somehow surprised that the MC created a *5 doll at the beginning? That just doesn't make any sense at all, because she supposedly know everything about the tutorial, including the range of doll quality that a new player can create.

This manga tried really hard to make the MC a "Gary Stu" in a PvP-focused MMO game, despite he's clearly not a gamer...
In what way do any of those points prevent mc from being a crafter doing commissions?

Dex-chan lover
In what way do any of those points prevent mc from being a crafter doing commissions?

Because it's a shounen manga, where the readers prefers constant battles/action against other players, instead of mindlessly boring grind against mobs or questings.

But TBH, that kind if thing could work if the manga is for seinen demographic, where you could have a much slower pace and less action, and the MC can focused in doing adventures inside the game.

Sadly, that won't happen in a shounen manga, which is this manga's demographic, where the story is always about getting stronger ASAP, and being able to beat the strongest opponent or players.

So yeah, the manga was literally flawed since the beginning, and it really shows on the story & characterizations, which is a total mess, and the manga only lasted for 25 chapters, which is laughably short for a shounen title...

Dex-chan lover
Because it's a shounen manga, where the readers prefers constant battles/action against other players, instead of mindlessly boring grind against mobs or questings.

But TBH, that kind if thing could work if the manga is for seinen demographic, where you could have a much slower pace and less action, and the MC can focused in doing adventures inside the game.

Sadly, that won't happen in a shounen manga, which is this manga's demographic, where the story is always about getting stronger ASAP, and being able to beat the strongest opponent or players.

So yeah, the manga was literally flawed since the beginning, and it really shows on the story & characterizations, which is a total mess, and the manga only lasted for 25 chapters, which is laughably short for a shounen title...
That ("it's shounen") was none of the points in that quote (at best a quick tangent at end of first point, not the entire reason you replied), and besides that, is a meta thing.

• You were saying that because author set rules to the game such that there is pve and pvp where it's possible to get materials, mc can't do commissions for the players [who do participate in pve and pvp] in return for extra materials.
  • You were saying that because author might never have played games, which would mean mc's entire start-goal of being a crafter isn't known about being possible [by author]? Despite being mc's initial aim?
  • Re: that tangent about shounen - you can very much do shounen without resorting to abandoning your entire premise.

Aggregator gang
I would tend to say that what they both share is self-centrism. They won't allow things to happen without being centered around themselves, they need to be the hero of the story. The way the MC only cares about his doll as a doll, yet pretends that considering it as a tool is any worse.

Users who are viewing this thread