Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Vol. 6 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
Wait they have steam engines and laptops at the same time - dude author, even magic doesn't make that realistic in the least.... this is getting stupidly silly at a rapid pace.

Dex-chan lover
@Iskarioth
@Riltz
@monkey123
@Iskarioth

did you guys know that nuclear power plants are just huge glorified steam engines that use another type of fuel?

There is nothing wrong with the fact they still use steam engines as magic most likely gives them easy access and control to both fire and water.
If you consider the perspective that the train might be similar to a nuclear powerd train, it suddenly doesn't seem so bad anymore.
For all we know those magic stones they use for fuel might be both completely stable and more energy-efficient than uranium.
Magic stones made out of pure energy could easily explain that away...

Alright let's summarize the technology used.

Horse carriage from a far away domain.
Still using swords (gotta have that swords and magic).
Lamps(Magic?Gas?)
Steamboat!
Arcade center.
Fountain pens.
Tube monitors.
Treadmills.
Pouches on the belt.
Digital Cameras
Skyscrapers, should probably have elevators
Escalators
Intercoms
A TRAIN
AND A FREAKIN LAPTOP!

next to pop up would be smartphones

Dex-chan lover
@velocityal2
It’s a poorly rated standard isekai with near-zero world-building when it comes to the technology. In light of that, this is exactly what you should expect of an inconsistent vision of a fantasy world trying to copy-paste random isekai tropes from completely different genres.

I thought I had been reading three separate series if I hadn’t recognized the MC’s art style.

What is missing is the MC leading a BS industrial revolution through the efficient use of magic-powered machinery when high-level circuitry like computers already exist.

Dex-chan lover
@Whakatewhinau unfortunately it looks like the mask still worked on this demon. He looked at the side by side comparison between his masked assailant, with amber eyes, and this unnamed schoolboy with amber eyes, went these two are weird for having the same hair, build, and similar clothing, but they are both connected to the secret library I tried to torch...and then made the face of the cliche villain that thinks, "If I take this boy hostage, Spider~ *cough* the masked man will be forced to come rescue him~!"

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123

That they are...

Steam engines and steam turbines are technically different things if you want to be pedantic about it thought.
I just said engine to make it easier to understand for the people who have no idea how a steam engine and turbines even work.

The biggest two problems with steam-powered trains were/are that they only were efficient when going fast, and they dropped efficiency the slower they went.
And also that it took a long time for the engines to start up as it had to be heated up before it could start running making the wait time waste fuel.
This meant that trains that had to start and stop often consumed more fuel then trains that could keep chugging along for long periods of time.
To the point, it was no longer economic to use steam engines anymore after fuel and later electricity-driven trains were invented.
The pre-heating might not sound like a huge problem but it caused a chain reaction of a lot of other minor problems and downsides that it wasn't worth it anymore.

If we want ( and we actually did back in early 1900 ) make a good steam-powered train you need to find a way to store the excess energy when the trains have to stop.
Or to find a way to only use as much fuel as you actually need and remove all wasted heat, magic crystals made out of pure energy could easily fix both of these problems as long as they aren't radioactive.
( at that point its basically electric power anyway )

Heck if we could actually make a battery that could store huge amount of energy efficiently it would make it possible to actually make nuclear-powered trains without the energy lines.
Modern trains are technically already nuclear power because they run on electricity that IS generated by nuclear power.
( or some other means... if you want to argue semantics you can call solar power fusion energy )
its semantics really...

I just wanted to point out that magic easily could make steam engines viable even in a somewhat modern setting...
But then again that's just nature of magic... it can do a little bit of everything if you want it to because its fictional.

Dex-chan lover
@RimuruXD Yeah, I finally found you, as in I know you came from that secret library. There isn't any recognition that they are the same person, just that they have the same connection to him.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if he tries attacking Ted, since it has to be someone in that Ancient Magic Research Club, but can't be Abel because he's too unlikely.

Fed-Kun's army
My only explanation that we're not seeing a bulge in Abel's shorts, when Lilith makes an appearance in that erotic swimsuit, is either;

-He took some reverse-erection medicine
-He used some softening/paralyzing magic on to his D

Since he's a genius, it's very possible that he prepared something of sorts beforehand, because he knows very well how Lilith's such a tease with constant craving for his D

Thanks for the update. I'd like to have Lilith's sheer confidence in showing off she's the dominant female in MCs harem. Either that or she certainly does not mind a harem?

Dex-chan lover
That laptop is quite a letdown... But the underboobs save the say!

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal a pc suggest electricity and high tech standards so why not build a much faster electrical train? A steam engine has it's limits, so no, it doesn't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread