Revenge of the Baskerville Bloodhound

Dex-chan lover
I just finished the first 20 chapters that Asura mass released, it's a very enjoyable but very dark story. We go straight from brutality to politics in 20 chapters. I won't spoil anything but I have high hopes for this series.

I just finished the first 20 chapters that Asura mass released, it's a very enjoyable but very dark story. We go straight from brutality to politics in 20 chapters. I won't spoil anything but I have high hopes for this series.
Any info if Asura scans are gonna upload here?

Dex-chan lover
Any info if Asura scans are gonna upload here?
Asura hasn't released any chapters on mangadex since the site shut down 2 years ago.
Although Reaper Scans is also translating it and they like to mass release like 10 chapters at a time on mangadex with their own site getting the weekly releases.

Aggregator gang
This is absolute trash.

The reincarnation/time reversal figures in the story only once, as a plot point to give the main character knowledge to PWN everyone and everything.

The names are incredibly uninventive, everything is very cheesy in a boring way. Very teenage-emmo dark world.

The hero doesn't struggle. That would be fine if the "slice-of-life" style with relationships, captivating stories etc. was there instead, but that is missing as well. And the worldbuilding is very bad and author is literally making it as they go.

I am surprised how that can have so high rating. Giving it 3 points for full-coloured drawings.

Dex-chan lover
I agree that this is trash. The art serves a lot to making it seem like this will be a fresh and novel addition to the regression genre. But it’s apparent very quickly that the motivation of the MC is meaningless. The MC‘s decisions in his regression, alter the timeline in such a way that, both himself and the world around him are so fundamentally different that he undermines what you read in the story description. In fact, its clear after less that 10 issues, that MC would be better off abandoning the entire reason he regressed and he should just live this second life differently and peacefully.

This is one of the more stupid stories because it stops making sense and falls apart completely. This is the idiot’s version of The Swordmaster’s Son.

To be honest just because someone says this manhwa is trash doesn't mean you shouldn't read it I read it and currently caught up the story is decent the art carries it and I just personally like it another man trash is another man collection of treasure is what I like to say

Dex-chan lover
To be honest just because someone says this manhwa is trash doesn't mean you shouldn't read it I read it and currently caught up the story is decent the art carries it and I just personally like it another man trash is another man collection of treasure is what I like to say
No one said people shouldn’t read it. But you have two replies that make very specific points about this story and you’re only attacking the opinion. What do you actually disagree with other than just being in opposition?

I have read until the 15th chapter, but you already see the biggest problem in the way the story is told in the first few chapters.

Every challenge MC faces seems really, really easy to him. It is to be expected in the regressor/reincarnation genre that the MC will not be in real difficulty for a while, but Revenge of the Baskerville Bloodhound will not even try to make you think that he is struggling. The first challenge he faces, wich is pretty cool and metal, is not even shown !
When not even out of the cradle, babies of the clan must navigate through a labyrinth made of sword and the MC decides to just goes through the walls and through the blades to get out faster. What is said to be a battle between brothers where he previously was too weak to even make it to the end, is here resolved in 3 boxes.

This manhwa also really likes to tell and not show anything. MC is meant to be one of the best who was killed because he knew too much TM but we only see him not really doing anything in his past life beside being killed. I think the story has a hard time communicating the difficulty of the tasks MC accomplishes.
Scales to measure strength are there, be it ranks for clan members or monsters but we are not shown what it really means. Not even something as simple as a medium rank clan member cutting a rock or a tree in half, before seeing a member of the same rank later being killed by the monster MC has decided to hunt. This is basic but decent introduction of the basic strength level of everyone before seeing our hero breaking that standard. The clan is just the strongest clan and MC destroys the strongest beast. There is no substance behind those words.

That said, this is not that bad of a read. I'm sure you have already read mangas and manhwas that suffer the same issues, and I know I have and enjoyed quite a few. This one at least has really great art and I think it can carry the story if you don't mind it not being the absolute best. Long exposition dumps feel quite fast when accompanied by really solid illustrations.

TL;DR: Read the first two to three chapters and it will be really apparent if you'll enjoy the rest.

How is this s**t rated 8+ stars?? I usually am quite tolerant to crigy manhwa but this is just horrible as @puppetdoll explains, the first chapter is enough to put you off this. Seriously who rated this 8+ stars?? I am genuinely shocked....

This is absolute trash.

The reincarnation/time reversal figures in the story only once, as a plot point to give the main character knowledge to PWN everyone and everything.

The names are incredibly uninventive, everything is very cheesy in a boring way. Very teenage-emmo dark world.

The hero doesn't struggle. That would be fine if the "slice-of-life" style with relationships, captivating stories etc. was there instead, but that is missing as well. And the worldbuilding is very bad and author is literally making it as they go.

I am surprised how that can have so high rating. Giving it 3 points for full-coloured drawings.
lol , tell me then. What mangas or manhwas do you think are good.

Aggregator gang
This is absolute trash.

Wait wait I plead thee, pls give this a shot until the Baroque Barbarian arc. I agree that the naming conventions are wacky and the stakes can be nonexistent, but as the barbarian arc rolls around, some of his plans are derailed and at one point he is in true mortal danger. Not to mention the foreshadowing and thematic weight in that arc is just ughh 😔🥺

I know I sound like a deranged one piece fan asking to "wait till chapter 150 on kazooey island" but pweeeese

Users who are viewing this thread