Ri-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 129

Dex-chan lover
Boo. I had thought the mother was possibly more at fault, and they divorced simply because they fell out of love (not a good enough reason to get a divorce when you have a child in my eyes, make things work). However, an unfaithful husband? He should be painted as a scumbag.

Even if he didn't cheat:
"I just realised I loved someone else"
And what's that got to do with your child? I hope his new family hates him and he gets NTR'd.

Dex-chan lover
What a scumbag, dude just has another family and still is making excuses. Like okay you want to marry someone else since it didn't work out that's fine, but you still abandoned your child and didn't provide any support

Group Leader
Ayo, is the speech bubble on the last page supposed to be empty?

NO! It should not be!!! Fixing now.

Edit: Fixed. Blank or the actual text have the same vibe tbh, but thanks for calling it out. I have no proofreader, so I miss some stuff.

Dex-chan lover
So my theory are wrong, he is indeed happy with a new family
Well fuck you then old man, fucking scumbag, you left her for years without even making any contacts when you knew full well she loved you. She lost a father figure in her life. No one would blame you for divorcing but at least don’t leave your daughter like that

Double-page supporter
Boo. I had thought the mother was possibly more at fault, and they divorced simply because they fell out of love (not a good enough reason to get a divorce when you have a child in my eyes, make things work). However, an unfaithful husband? He should be painted as a scumbag.

Even if he didn't cheat:
"I just realised I loved someone else"
And what's that got to do with your child? I hope his new family hates him and he gets NTR'd.
Remaining in a loveless marriage does nothing good for your children. His fault isn't getting divorced, it's failing to be there for his child afterwards.

Dex-chan lover
NO! It should not be!!! Fixing now.

Edit: Fixed. Blank or the actual text have the same vibe tbh, but thanks for calling it out. I have no proofreader, so I miss some stuff.
i can proofread if you want. might be hard if timezones dont match up though unless you dont mind delays

Contributor
And here it is. So he and Rie fought because he didn't love her anymore. Worse if he was already cheating on her before the divorce, which seems to be implied here. Bastard. At the very least Riri should light up a smoke right in front of him. I'm happy Rie finally got named, but this guy can stay nameless so I can keep calling him cheating bastard whenever I want.

Well, not only was he not there for her for years, I suppose he didn't pay any child support either, since he already had a second family to deal with. He's lucky his daughter is a softie sweetheart and didn't grow up to hate him.

Kou is typically a male given name, so I guess this means Riri has a half-brother somewhere.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people making some serious reading comprehension errors here.

The father didn't cheat. He fell out of love with his wife, likely partially due to strains at work and long hours away from his family (which we saw in a flashback about him smoking). He left a loveless marriage - which is not inherently wrong.

While he is in the wrong for not being a more available father for his struggling daughter... How many of you keep in regular contact with your parents after graduating high school? Most likely you maybe see them a few times a year at holiday. Add in the fact that he has another family that Riri's mother didnt want him to tell her about, and its very understandable that they fell out of contact - especially since Riri most likely stopped reaching out as she started spiraling.

Is dad the worlds best father? Hell no. Hell, he wasn't even a good one. But he isn't the scumbag POS most people seem to be seeing him as.

Users who are viewing this thread