Risou no Himo Seikatsu

Dex-chan lover
God, I love this story so, so much. It's down to earth while being an Isekai, and it's about politics without needlessly ramming in Earth politics, either. It's so refreshing!

@Minezuki Remember to have the @ symbol before the name so the person you're replying to is properly notified.

"based on your point, the situation is changing to request him to solve thing they cant with his knowledge from earth not acting his duties as side-king or consort-prince or the deal to place as little burden as possible"

Nope. Everything that Aura relies on him for are things that requires him as her husband to do, because only he has the proper authority/position to do so as her husband. They touch on this a little later, in fact, with him talking about how he's been doing more work lately than he wanted, but he understands the necessity of it just as well as she does. The deal was never for him to never have to do anything, do remember; he pledged to help out with situations that he was needed for. It's just that "situations that he's needed for" have been cropping up one after the other in quick succession at this point in the manga.

Either way, as you noted he has a MUCH better work/life balance now, and he's actively working to ensure that, too.

Dex-chan lover
This is a pretty good light novel and I think the slow pace works well with that format. I highly recommend any fans to check out that format as well. I think slice-of-life works better there.

Contributor
i think i can only say the thing a husband has to do is much different between us. or it was just a situation where both partner dont know what are they going to face (god interfere again) and make a deal based on assumption

another point to touch from comment of the other side, Amariithynar
apparently, they both consent with it but when a househusband need to ask for money every time he want to do something for the house, why can his wife just make a bank account for him.

SGR

Double-page supporter
I am now at chapter 6 and I decided to re-check the rating on this one. As of now it's 8.3 and it is 100% deserved. The author has a truly deft hand in subduing them shoujo isekai wish-fulfillment tropes while at the same time embracing the wish-fulfillment itself. Seinen to the core.
Isekai with a smartphone is stupid. Isekai where you bring a water-powered electricity generator with you to power your laptop is smart.
Isekai where you know maths better than anyone cause you had general education is stupid. Isekai where you know accounting better than anyone cause of your former job and the fact that you use a different number system is smart.

And the natural way the character arc progresses for both the MC and FL........
I'm gonna give this one 10 / 10 if it keeps up its quality.

@konzolmester hmm... tht title should explain it... This is a slow pace politic manga at its core.
In Novel, it is more interesting, but somehow the manga version can't translate the excitement well.
I don't know... about your rule of thumbs... if it was applied to every manga, people won't read lots of popular manga such as Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece.
To me, a not so exciting arc is needed to build the plot.
Most of the times, there would be a cycle of tick-tock or tick-tick-tock.
Tick when it is the exciting one, while tock is for building the plot.

Without the tock, you will feel that the story is forced, it will not be pleasant to read

Again... this is my opinion

@kevinmul DB,Naruto,One Piece these are vastly different from this one.
"A Fantasy Lazy Life" How does this tell you its full of boring politics ?
That tic toc theory is pure nonsense. Theres a difference between a boring ark and a bad one.

Still I respect everyones opinion on it. We all have different preferences after all.

Dex-chan lover
This was much better than I thought it would be. It’s smartly done, without falling into the same egotistical pitfalls that most isekai’s self-inser MCs fall into.

Hlz

I really really hope there isnt a single one more of these "spinkick a spear into monsters mouth and oneshot it so we can establish how random character X is a badass" moments. Author has put great effort on driving the point that combat is semi-realistic where losses arent cheap and "hard magic system" in place is not omnipotential and while It can be very powerful it requires effort, planning and even sacrifice to utilize in larger scale.

I noticed that the raws are up to chapter 42

If thats the case then... why are the translations so behind?
(just a question don't take it as a offense)

Double-page supporter
> why are the translations so behind?

Feel free to find a translator who will do whatever you want at the pace you want... for the money.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that the mc didn't pull the "I download Wikipedia into my laptop" move, because then everything will be explained by "Ah yeah, lets wiki it", or when war break out, the mc just pull modern war theory, tanks, and gunpowder out of Wikipedia. I really like how a simple thing like marble and diamond ring has a HUGE implication into the power politic, I can only hope it will stay that way.

Somewhat out of date, but I'm finally checking this series out, about halfway through the chapters available in en so far. It may not be anything 'ground-breaking' or whatever, but I'm definitely interested enough to keep going. Thanks to everyone behind bring us these releases, as always, it is very appreciated-- especially in the current times.

When this manga first came out I had just recently finished (or close to) reading what had been tl'd from the original novel. I had been enjoying it enough (not a favorite, but enough to keep me interested) at that point, so I was looking forward to seeing how this adaptation would turn out.
But I didn't want to just get a chapter or two in and then going through the torture of wait times 😂 for any 'real progress' in the story.

I didn't expect to wait nearly this long before doing so, but it's certainly nice to have a good chunk backlogged, especially now, given Corona-chan's ongoing rampage.

Hope you guys keep up the good work 🍻

The politics are cool, the setting is one rarely explored (Middle-Eastern/Indian themes in a desert), and the art is good... But holy shit the MC ruins it. Constantly shows off stuff from his world without thinking, didn't bother to bring any kind of advanced knowledge, or even think ahead remotely. Like bring some bamboo with you, it grows anywhere and that combined with the bicycle you left behind should enable the country to make bicycles.

The politics are cool, the setting is one rarely explored (Middle-Eastern/Indian themes in a desert), and the art is good... But holy shit the MC ruins it. Constantly shows off stuff from his world without thinking, didn't bother to bring any kind of advanced knowledge, or even think ahead remotely. Like bring some bamboo with you, it grows anywhere and that combined with the bicycle you left behind should enable the country to make bicycles.

@Sylfaen

I have to agree with you on that one. In this story the situation allowed him to make sure of his time before being brought over, he could have done so much more... He bought over some books, which is fine and all but you actually 'can' download WIKI onto local storage, and with the generator he has, he seems to have more than enough power for quick look ups at the massive amount of data stored.

As well as things you mentioned, bamboo grows everywhere, he could have also brought along a massive amount of seeds and started a greenhouse or something, the amount of progress and help he could have been involved with, increasing, building and improving the domain was massive, instead he does almost nothing, he is as useful as a bag of spoiled rice.

Saying all that, the core of the story is still great, I love politics and I love economy being told in a fun way, and their use of magic is very limited which doesn't just make you think everything will be solved with one super OP mage or something, it's a fun read.

@mdem we can complain about his lack of prepardness, but remember Aura promised him a "Cozy life where he does nothing", and he came over to marry Aura not revolutionize the world.

He didn't prepare extensive details on how to say, invent guns because at the time he DIDNT CARE. He came over to move, not to lead.

In fact him unrolling too many marvels would have been a big problem to Aura because it would heavily legitimize his right as leader, which puts Aura's into question.

Users who are viewing this thread