Risou to Koi - Ch. 2 - Picnic

Dex-chan lover
It's cute, but I feel like she needs to see a therapy. Also you can see her eyes start sparkling a little again at the end.

Anyway, hope the 3-part last story will have more actions. The first two are cute, but you can only tell they are together by the end, nothing more.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Darn it's rare that they acknowledge that money isn't infinite in a manga. Usually, they spend and buy stuff as if they had infinite money cheats on.

All those cafe and amusement park dates in romcoms aren't free, that shit is expensive as fuck.

Dex-chan lover
nice art style~

lol maybe they can go into business together making clothes and having them being matching models

Dex-chan lover
Darn it's rare that they acknowledge that money isn't infinite in a manga. Usually, they spend and buy stuff as if they had infinite money cheats on.

All those cafe and amusement park dates in romcoms aren't free, that shit is expensive as fuck.
Tbf apparently some meal sets are quite cheap in japan so they can at least eat out (tho buying some cheap convenience store onigiri and having a picnic at a park is also nice)

Be interesting to see some 'sugar baby' kinda couple lol, i think that might've been done or some rich 'cupid' type chara that provides for two ppl lol

Dex-chan lover
I get she has a shopping problem, but she generally buys more cutesy things, so why the fuck is there a mounted deer head just chilling on the wall?
Well there is flower petals on it so maybe 'cottage core'? Unless it just came with the place or so if it didn't come with part of a set lol

Dex-chan lover
It literally ended with a confession and acceptance aka they are now dating?
I don't think that it's that kind of confession.

It doesn't change the fact that the story is cute and charming and their relationship is really sincere. But no, they are not dating at the end.

It's obviously a Yuri/GL story. But the love here is more in the friendship side than romantic. Some would say ambiguous or suspect some subtext behind a sentence here and there. But, They never talked or think about their their sexuality, their past partners, the fact that they may be in love with another woman, and I don't think that they live in an alternative Japan where homosexuality is so common and accepted by everyone... Love, in a romantic way, was never a subject.

The confession is more about the situation that they can't go out and do activities requiring money, like eating at a cafe, going to a restaurant, cinema, amusement park, traveling, shopping, etc... You know, friends activities to socialize. She's just saying, "wait for me until I fix my bad behavior with money and become financially stable and then we will go and do anything you want." And maybe, if we have a sequel, they would become a couple.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that it's that kind of confession.

It doesn't change the fact that the story is cute and charming and their relationship is really sincere. But no, they are not dating at the end.

It's obviously a Yuri/GL story. But the love here is more in the friendship side than romantic. Some would say ambiguous or suspect some subtext behind a sentence here and there. But, They never talked or think about their their sexuality, their past partners, the fact that they may be in love with another woman, and I don't think that they live in an alternative Japan where homosexuality is so common and accepted by everyone... Love, in a romantic way, was never a subject.

The confession is more about the situation that they can't go out and do activities requiring money, like eating at a cafe, going to a restaurant, cinema, amusement park, traveling, shopping, etc... You know, friends activities to socialize. She's just saying, "wait for me until I fix my bad behavior with money and become financially stable and then we will go and do anything you want." And maybe, if we have a sequel, they would become a couple.
That's such a stretch when it's so much more likely that they meant it romantically. The posing, the comment about eye level, the "will you stay with me" line, "if you'll have me", the hand on the face. This is like, very romantic. There's no need to grasp at straws to suggest otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
I think the shopping addiction twist was really well foreshadowed/built up throughout and it made the conclusion very satisfying. (also I really love huge high gap parings). very good oneshot! :win:

Users who are viewing this thread