Roaming the End of the World with my Shiba Inu - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Yay its back! That stuff about cats not responding was so true it hurts. And that hypnotism scene was cute as heck. Also i really love that opening illustration.

images

Supporter
What you are reading is from the author Ishihara Yuu's newest volume release (it just came out 2 days ago).
There is no official English release so all these links are for the volumes in Japanese but please show your support if you can:

Bookwalker will let you purchase the ebook even without a Japanese address.

Ebooks (Japanese Website):
https://bookwalker.jp/series/181862/list/
https://www.amazon.co.jp/世界の終わりに柴犬と-2-MFC-石原-雄-ebook/dp/B08199BWD7/

Volume Release:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B081K8PRQT/

Contributor
Honestly if were the woodsman I think I would reject the gold and silver axes too, both are too, soft, too dense and can't keep an edge. a decent axe is a decent axe it's his livelihood.

Wow the husky is an exact replica to mine... tripping into rivers even though he hates water (*´ー`*)

Group Leader
The original story about the woodcutter is cruel.

The honest woodcutter only claimed the old axe because it was indeed his and left the lake after thanking the goddess for returning his axe to him. After returning to the village, he told about his experience to the villagers, where another woodcutter thought of a devious idea.

The cunning woodcutter brought his own old axe to the lake, dropped it, and faked his tears to imitate the honest woodcutter. The goddess of the lake similarly appeared with the gold axe, the silver axe, and his old axe, where he claimed that he had dropped all of them. The goddess gave all three axes to the cunning woodcutter, and he left the place with glee. However, he soon got tired because the axes were two heavy for him to carry, which made him slip his footing while crossing a bridge. Thus, the cunning woodcutter drowned to death.

Aggregator gang
the true moral story of the woodsman and the goddess in the lake is, the goddess are stupid, she didn't know that gold and silver is not suitable material for an axe....

Dex-chan lover
I don't want to be a weeb but my brain keeps filling up with useless Japanese trivia

@Aoitenshi
Never heard that version before. The short one where he gets all 3, and the long version where the second person gets declined.

Double-page supporter
@subliminal
@humbleoverlord
LOL. Are you guys joking? What made you think the woodcutter will use the gold and silver axes to cut wood or continue to be a woodcutter? From the version of the story in my country, he sold the gold and silver axes, became wealthy and quit being a woodcutter. Those axes are meant to be sold for a large sum of money allows him to quit the woodcutting job since in all fables and fairy tales, woodcutters are extremely poor.

Users who are viewing this thread