Rockman-san - Ch. 42

Group Leader
Wait I'm so fkn confused

If she just wanted to do the colonel plot from x4 why did she do all those evil plots and attacks early on? Feels jarring that she's like I'm here for only peace when in the beginning she blew up a bunch of buildings and people

Dex-chan lover
There's like 8 different genuine and seriously debated beliefs about philosophy and the purpose of existence in this one chapter of a manga about a boy robot that jumps and goes pew pew.

Dex-chan lover
Wait I'm so fkn confused

If she just wanted to do the colonel plot from x4 why did she do all those evil plots and attacks early on? Feels jarring that she's like I'm here for only peace when in the beginning she blew up a bunch of buildings and people
Because she has a human heart and as such is going to make really bad decisions that will sabotage and make her ambitions more difficult to achieve.

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful chapter. Weaving in the themes of the story and Enker's arc of searching for a purpose into the final resolution was supremely cathartic.

Ultimately Enker cannot trust the robots to be the change they aim to be so he chose to work with them to ensure they do for the sake of his own loved ones, self-sacrifice to his core and a purpose he determined for himself. Rock himself got rewarded for his commitment to pacifism in inspiring others to just talk and to be brave enough to step up in his place instead of carrying everything on his shoulders like before. He eliminated his enemies not with his buster but by coming to an understanding with them and removing the need to fight by meeting them halfway. For once he can put away his buster and actually be hopeful that he won't need to point it at these guys ever again. An absolutely beautiful validation of his beliefs.

Also goddamn, they really did take putting Enker and his Mirror Buster in front of everything as a fix as far as they could.

Dex-chan lover
@puyoman I'm not sure if the WiiU is regionlocked anymore, but if you want you can just use the Tiramisu program and unlock it. That also allows you to use homebrew programs, like user-made servers for online play. And... since the eshop was already kicked out, does it even count as one-piece anymore? At least for digital-only games?

About the plot...

Yeah, the idea is good but how aggressive she was at the start is kind of a big plothole.
Maybe one could justify it as revenge for the people that destroyed that town and ruined her life, but if it was not mentioned in the story itself that feels kinda like justifying the plotholes for the author.
I'll take it as she was just acting stupid/illogical because she is a human too.

Funny thing is, the Megaman series already has a history of space stations, so this is not that big a deal.

Ignoring the Staroids and Ra-Moon, who were invading robots, Wily himself had a space station of his own on the first two gameboy games.
And we can take the gameboy games, and thus the Wily Station and Staroids as canon, because Enker is from the first of them.

Megaman X4, final level was Final Weapon space station. As is the Ragnarok of Zero 4.

Megaman X5's Eurasia space colony was infected and dropped into the world after the intro level (and the remains become important in Zero 4).

Elysium, from Legends, was mentioned in one of the endings of X5.

I... still don't get the space elevator from X8 to transport materials, instead of teleporters or space shuttles. But that does lead to a base on the moon...

I'm kinda surprised how this ending was able to not go against anything of the games, though. Wily was under surveilance, but he was smart enough to trick them and even had an underground base. This is not his suggestion, he just told her to look for her own answer while he went on his own way.
You could even take him helping her as part of his research into Zero and on transfering his mind, if you take the JP-only hints of his mind being in Serges and the theories that it was also on X6's Isoc as fact.

And even more, taking the robots into a space colony that just went on its own way also kinda closes up the "what the hell happened to the robots before Dr Cain found X" hole. Sooner or later, they all longed for space (which, as you can see from the spoiler block above...).

Group Leader
@puyoman I'm not sure if the WiiU is regionlocked anymore, but if you want you can just use the Tiramisu program and unlock it. That also allows you to use homebrew programs, like user-made servers for online play. And... since the eshop was already kicked out, does it even count as one-piece anymore? At least for digital-only games?

About the plot...

Yeah, the idea is good but how aggressive she was at the start is kind of a big plothole.
Maybe one could justify it as revenge for the people that destroyed that town and ruined her life, but if it was not mentioned in the story itself that feels kinda like justifying the plotholes for the author.
I'll take it as she was just acting stupid/illogical because she is a human too.

Funny thing is, the Megaman series already has a history of space stations, so this is not that big a deal.

Ignoring the Staroids and Ra-Moon, who were invading robots, Wily himself had a space station of his own on the first two gameboy games.
And we can take the gameboy games, and thus the Wily Station and Staroids as canon, because Enker is from the first of them.

Megaman X4, final level was Final Weapon space station. As is the Ragnarok of Zero 4.

Megaman X5's Eurasia space colony was infected and dropped into the world after the intro level (and the remains become important in Zero 4).

I... still don't get the space elevator from X8 to transport materials, instead of teleporters or space shuttles. But that does lead to a base on the moon...

I'm kinda surprised how this ending was able to not go against anything of the games, though. Wily was under surveilance, but he was smart enough to trick them and even had an underground base. This is not his suggestion, he just told her to look for her own answer while he went on his own way.
You could even take him helping her as part of his research into Zero and on transfering his mind, if you take the JP-only hints of his mind being in Serges and the theories that it was also on X6's Isoc as fact.

And even more, taking the robots into a space colony that just went on its own way also kinda closes up the "what the hell happened to the robots before Dr Cain found X" hole. Sooner or later, they all longed for space (which, as you can see from the spoiler block above...).
Esp since she isn't even attacking mafia members but innocent people/robots. Her face heel turn here makes no sense cuz she doesn't go thru any emotional development that would logically cause her to realize her mistakes.

Also makes Dr light inevitaBly an asshole since he didn't do shit during Aurora town nor did he try to make right the people who suffered or make sure ppl were brought to justice. Even wily was compassionate enough to help and raise cyborg 18

Dex-chan lover

About the plot...

I'd chalk it up to her punctuating her argument of coexistence not working so she could band together the likeminded to her cause. At some point some bot would go maverick and likely do the same damage elsewhere so you could argue for ripping off the bandaid and accelerating events to move up her agenda.

Dex-chan lover
Wait I'm so fkn confused

Give it a minute
Sigma's gonna time travel and fuck everything up

She want to start a "New world", sound like Maverick talk to me. All and all Enker will be now dub as Rockman Enker.

I think this manga deserve an Anime or inspire one.

About the plot...

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll make it my dedicated homebrew machine. My NA Wii U already is jailbroken, but I've always been nervous about doing anything too crazy lest I break it. Might stick Loadiine onto it and make it a backup station for my physical games.

Regarding the contradictions in the mastermind's true motivations and actions, I was reminded of a line in chapter 30 where the secretary says: "I have a feeling... it could be the robots from this last incident aren't actually related to the real enemy"

I think the implication there is the attack on the city block was organized and carried out by Junkman acting alone (though the mastermind obviously did nothing to stop him).

My memory isn't great, but thinking back to the incidents the mastermind was directly involved in:
The attack on the aircraft carrier was clearly to divert attention away from the space station.
The attack on the "court building" was to "gather materials" (additionally it seems implied the people there were up to something, even if it's not explained what).
And finally, I got the impression the attack in the abandoned building was to draw out Enker and attempt to recruit him.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I think the attacks which are directly coordinated by the mastermind are in service of the end goal; however, she holds no love for humans and doesn't particularly care about the collateral damage or whether her followers engage in a little terrorism on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread