Roid

Group Leader
@stalinwasright doesn't look like there's going to be any explicit romance in this series, sadly. Maybe if there was it wouldn't have been axed 😌

edit: I went ahead and removed the yuri tag. idk if there's a subtext tag here, but that's pretty much it. Like. it's pretty clear that these characters are gay, but... romance isn't the focus of the story.

Group Leader
Yuri is not only romance, this is quite an outdated view of yuri (reading that one interview with Iori Miyazawa, Otherside Picnic author, would clear up a lot of things about the modern understanding of the genre). Also shoujo ai is a crappy tag and should be removed from mangadex altogether like it thankfully was from vndb, a made-up term that causes more confusion than anything.

That said, yuri here is indeed subtle, but it's there if you look for it. The series wasn't so much axed as both the author and the editors didn't really know what to do with it, since it was not a typical Yuri Hime story (a bit too shounen-ish) and Shiroshi never thought it'd get serialized there in the first place so only had plans for a short manga.

Incidentally I can't help but recommend Shuumatsu Sekai Yuri Anthology where Shiroshi acted as a setting assistant/supervisor for most of the featured stories. Not sure whether it's already translated or not.

this is great, I can't believe it hasn't been picked up for adaptation into an anime yet. It hits all the notes from premise to art to existentialism to suggest it would be very popular animated

Dex-chan lover
I wish there could have been more yuri service... so we could see who paired with whom and well it's a yuri after all.

Why it's status says it was COMPLETE yet when I search the manga; all of them said it was ongoing. Is there a mistake? Or this manga was actually complete in japan?

Dex-chan lover
@Anonyneko where can I read it even if it's the raw one? I tried to find it myself but unfortunately it was just all the forums that came out.

Group Leader
@NIPHY The next chapter is indeed the last chapter of Roid. Also we will be doing a few chapters of the collection anonyneko mentioned before we start on our next manga, so just check our group page in a couple of weeks.

Dex-chan lover
@flightybroad really~~??😍 okay~ okay~ I'll check them!♡♡♡

Still..It's quite sad isn't it? they don't have much yuri in them...

good read. 9/10. Good story and plot. 9/10. good art. 8/10.

Fed-Kun's army
meh, 10 chapters too short so it wasted an interesting premise by having to rush things

5/10, art was good at least

They have brain interfaces, AI and can give people additional limbs but can't give a woman bionic legs?

cool
not yuri so kinda sad there
but really cool scifi world and plot and everything
it needs another volume or something since its so damn short and a lot isn't explained when it could be

Users who are viewing this thread