Rokudou no Onna-tachi - Vol. 21 Ch. 187 - Fully Developed

Fed-Kun's army
Something tells me they will take chiyo AND roku and Ranna, will go on a rampage.

Contributor
@KeiosKod

wild.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I hope this is the endgame and by the time this arc is finished Rokudou no longer has his mark.

By the end of this arc, Rokudo better beat the hell out of that clown. Also cute demon, 10/10 would head pat.

Jet

Uh, oh, better recruit several 5tier units stacks beforehand, if you're going Total war.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes leaps in logic make some kinda sense, but like, really? You see her acting all lovey-dovey and you don't just think "well maybe she's just actually in love"? No, instead "it has to be some kinda power, that's the secret to all this!" And it's entirely based on the assumption that she's a monster for standing up for her obviously-bullied boyfriend?

I really hope that the mom-boss ends up beating her subordinates asses, revealing herself to have been upset with how complacent the group got, to the point where they're helpless without some teenage girl's power. Like, she was clearly strong and important before she found Chiyo, so it'd be disappointing for her to not be strong now.

I am more and more believing the future we saw was not caused by Rokudou and was most likely caused by this group.

Dex-chan lover
@Wildstag
Welp, in his eyes Rokudou is a bottom feeder, and the likes of him have no chance with someone like Ranna. And she IS labeled as monster by everyone who crosses paths with her, so he just put a bunch of 2s together to arrive at "he can manipulate women".

Dex-chan lover
@Wildstag It makes sense within the context of the entire story though. Everybody can tell that Ranna is pretty much an unstoppable monster, which makes it all the more bizarre to see her go from a rage-enduced "I will absolutely murder you"-mode to becoming all meek and apologetic in an instant. Even if the characters were to assume that Ranna's "naturally" in love with Rokudou, it's hard to understand why a violence-obsessed girl like her is in love with a guy who (at first glance) openly into pacifism. Hence why chapter 66 was a huge moment in the series, as Ranna couldn't fully understand her own feelings toward Rokudou.

Dex-chan lover
@Greg_no_Gregory Exactly, every step of the way Ranna is portrayed as a violent monster. Even her own parents, although they love her, cannot handle her. Up until now there's been absolutely an undercurrent of, "this person cannot be redeemed," and the plot is just now bringing that majorly into the forefront.

Edit: thinking on it more, I really really like where this is going. Because in a lot of mass media the focus on redeeming evil is based on love and friendship. But right from the get-go the MC has an ability where he can drastically alter someone's behavior based on love and friendship. like, if Ranna is redeemed by these false feelings and not her own desire to change herself, is it good? Probably not, lol.

This is just my musing, but I think the key here, the end climax, is going to hinge on Ranna wanting to change herself for herself. Rokudou talks big about protecting Ranna, but what she really needs is to stop viewing her own self as an irredeemable monster. Re-reading chapter 66 she blatantly says she only feels alive when fighting. There has to be an internal shift where Ranna simply doesn't want to fight anymore.

Another edit lol: chapter 77 we get Ranna's basic character motivations. "I love violence, but I trust you Rokudou. I'll do what you say." I think the author is being clever here, because other people would leave it. Ranna successfully tamed. She gives up violence for love.

Except not really. Deep inside herself she's still a frothing monster. It's only Rokudou presence alone that keeps her tethered. But that's not emotionally healthy for anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread