Rokudou no Onna-tachi - Vol. 23 Ch. 201 - Tendou and the Future

Group Leader
EgMJrvxU0AAUdlj

https://twitter.com/monn_ney/status/1297891771041452032?s=09

meme for this chapter

Fed-Kun's army
@Czero
@Greg_no_Gregory
Amoral means without morality, or outside morality.
Immoral means against morality.

The only villain I'd consider purely amoral is Ranma. She's not out to do evil to do evil as far as I can tell, she's just a force of nature that enjoys violence immensely. She's certainly villainous, but not immoral. Ranma even when she's under the seals influence needs to have it explained to her that "fighting is wrong", she's so far removed from morality she doesn't even understand the concept.

Ling Lan for instance, is someone I would consider immoral, as she actively took pleasure in abusing martial arts for the sake of dominating others, and her "kind" personality regards it as being wrong herself. This presupposes that Ling Lan actively understands she was doing immoral things while she was doing immoral things, and enjoyed it.

The Bat is also an immoral villain, or maybe to help illustrate the problem further, a supra-moral villain. Someone with her own nuanced sense of morality that runs counter-current to the society she lives in. At the time of her villainous activities, she justified her loan shark behaviour by the fact that it's a "dog eat dog" world and she won't let anyone take money from her nor waste money. After turning "nice" she realizes that money isn't important enough to ruin people's lives over, and immorality of her own actions.

Again, the only one I can say for certain acts as an amoral villain is Ranma, and as evidenced by the panel, Joker is not referring to Ranma.

Group Leader
@Chrona Amoral : lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.

Immoral : not conforming to accepted standards of morality.

Immoral is directly going against the idea of societies morals in a manner that is without conformity towards those morals... IE, no remorse (Ranna).

Amoral is a general lack of morality, but still an understanding. As such it can be.... Developed, which is the principal part of the conflict in this chapter.

Seriously, reading comprehension, you need to learn it.

Dex-chan lover
THIS COLD HAV BEN U AND ME CHIYO BUT U FRENDZOND ME FOR ROKUDOU
FUCK YOU BICH

BOTTOM TEXT

Dex-chan lover
Initial prediction for why everything is destroyed and rekt: Mafia mama eliminated the competition to get the Rokudou for herself

Prediction now: clown man's gonna say the n-word...

Fed-Kun's army
@Czero
Where are you getting your definitions? I literally pulled mine from the dictionary.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/amoral
being outside or beyond the moral order or a particular code of morals
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immoral
not moral

If we want go further.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/using-unmoral-immoral-nonmoral-amoral
Immoral
The negative prefix im- connects with moral soon after the formation of unmoral. Immoral describes a person or behavior that conscientiously goes against accepted morals—that is, the proper ideas and beliefs about how to behave in a way that is considered right and good by the majority of people. Immoral connotes the intent of evilness or wrongdoing, and it is a true antonym of moral.
Anybody that conscientiously goes against society.
Amoral:
The dictionary definition of amoral is "having or showing no concern about whether behavior is morally right or wrong"—compendiously, "without morals." For example, an infant, unlearned in what is right and wrong, is amoral; someone who lacks the mental ability to understand right or wrong due to illness might be described as amoral.
These are illustrative examples, however; amoral can be used to describe any person, or his or her actions, who is aware of what is right and wrong but does wrong anyway and responds indifferently about it.

We literally have to teach Ranma the definition of morality in Chapter 102. She very obviously is the former part of amoral. None of the characters who have been committing crimes while doing so were completely indifferent to it other than Ranma. They revelled in it and actively enjoyed it. If you're telling me my dictionary is wrong please go ahead.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona Tbf, I also felt that amoral could be applied to Banchou (and sort of Azami to a slight extent), though I can understand how it applies mainly to Ranna vs the other girls. I'm fine with admitting that immoral could've been used instead, but really, I'm not going to bother having us redo that page over a super minor discrepancy.

Group Leader
@Chrona How can you be so close, yet so far.

Immoral denotes a decision of evil, doing what is wrong without a care for what happens. Where as Amoral is the typical, I am doing this to survive mentality, they know its wrong, but they also feel they HAVE to do it, for whatever reason. In essence, I did something wrong, I know it was wrong, but I had to do it. Immoral is, I am doing this not because of the benefit to me, or because it helps me, but because I want to do what is wrong for the sake of doing wrong. Truly immoral people are crazy rare, and it is a misuse of language to label them as such, its as bad as calling someone a psycho because they act out, it MIGHT describe them, but most of the time its just a way to dismiss there actions.

Dex-chan lover
This is the kind of guy who keeps putting Joker quotes on his FB and dresses as the Joker for EVERY HALLOWEEN and gets in character.

Also, people in this thread arguing about semantics of "immoral" vs. "amoral" lmfao

Fed-Kun's army
@ Greg_no_Gregory
In that case I understand, if it's too much work it's too much work. It's not the most important detail in the world, just a nitpick.

@Czero
How can you be so close, yet so far.
Because the two concepts are similar, but the devil is in the details.

Immoral denotes a decision of evil, doing what is wrong without a care for what happens. Where as Amoral is the typical, I am doing this to survive mentality, they know its wrong, but they also feel they HAVE to do it, for whatever reason. In essence, I did something wrong, I know it was wrong, but I had to do it.
The only character that would apply to is the Bat in that case, all the other characters do what they do because they enjoy it with intentionality. Again, Ling Lan did not beat the shit out of random dojos out of necessity or because "she felt she HAD to", but because she enjoyed it. By your own definition, this unnecessary display of evil is not amoral, but immoral.
Immoral is, I am doing this not because of the benefit to me, or because it helps me, but because I want to do what is wrong for the sake of doing wrong. Truly immoral people are crazy rare, and it is a misuse of language to label them as such, its as bad as calling someone a psycho because they act out, it MIGHT describe them, but most of the time its just a way to dismiss there actions.
I agree that this is one type of immoral person, but it's not the only type. Knowingly choosing to do evil with no sense of necessity is evil, most of the cast were not forced to do evil to survive bar the Bat.

Users who are viewing this thread