Romance Code - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Yandere lesbians but also the human girl was a bitch for doing that so I don’t feel that bad :nyoron:

Remember y’all, regardless of if their an android or an human you still need to communicate.
Surprised there wouldn't be a tragedy tag, i can understand them starting to get closer to another person but would've also expected her to also have some kinda failsafe code word to make her just stop functioning

tho i'm sure there's an alternate touching story where mc would've grown old or so

Dex-chan lover
What happened to the 3 laws of robotics? Was she too lazy to code those in too?
i mean normally robots don't 'love' either, tho she should've just had it programmed to be 'unconditional' versus jealousy or so but i'm sure some ppl would enjoy a potential polycule or ppl being 'ok' with ntr when it's still all yuri lol

Dex-chan lover
As I was reading it, I was gonna be a sassy bitch in the comments, and say that making a robot whose only function is to love you unconditionally can backfire terribly if you are not loyal to it.

But the author was way ahead of me.

Double-page supporter
For a genius scientist she sure does some dumb things. You created a robot that can actually kill people? I guess people forgot about Asimov and his three laws of robotics. Also since the robot is basically human and can love like a human acting so callously towards them is pretty heartless.

Dex-chan lover
For a genius scientist she sure does some dumb things. You created a robot that can actually kill people? I guess people forgot about Asimov and his three laws of robotics. Also since the robot is basically human and can love like a human acting so callously towards them is pretty heartless.
Asimov's laws were fundamentally flawed and this could have been a good example of such. She didn't harm her, she fixed her. The flaws in those laws are literally a part of the story that originates them. I wish they were less popular in sci-fi, or at least not presented as being good so often, but most people haven't even read I, Robot so what can we do. The simplest additional rule that would have fixed this is "A robot may never defy a human, unless the order violates the other laws or violates the orders of it's owner and is not from it's owner". There is no reason for Marie to not obey orders, like being told to stop.

Anyway I'm more wondering about the world, where Kei can make AI and a robot this advanced yet is needing to market her skills. She says she's "a few decades too early" which implies this is extremely advanced tech, but there's no way it would be difficult to sell this tech. And if the tech is that expensive how the hell did she afford the research? And the materials to build Marie? All of that is less believable than lovebot9000 killing it's owner. :kek:

Double-page supporter
Asimov's laws were fundamentally flawed and this could have been a good example of such. She didn't harm her, she fixed her. The flaws in those laws are literally a part of the story that originates them. I wish they were less popular in sci-fi, or at least not presented as being good so often, but most people haven't even read I, Robot so what can we do. The simplest additional rule that would have fixed this is "A robot may never defy a human, unless the order violates the other laws or violates the orders of it's owner and is not from it's owner". There is no reason for Marie to not obey orders, like being told to stop.

Anyway I'm more wondering about the world, where Kei can make AI and a robot this advanced yet is needing to market her skills. She says she's "a few decades too early" which implies this is extremely advanced tech, but there's no way it would be difficult to sell this tech. And if the tech is that expensive how the hell did she afford the research? And the materials to build Marie? All of that is less believable than lovebot9000 killing it's owner. :kek:
Yeah the OG laws are flawed and plenty of thinkers tweaked their wording or introduced a law 0 and such. Honestly, the more you think about the setting the less sense it makes. This genius creator makes a super advanced robot and desperately tries to get recognition, but she never actually showed off her lovebot to anyone.

Reactions: le3
Double-page supporter
The human girl is kinda really dumb here. She created a robot with human level intelligence and emotions, made its sole purpose be loving her, and then decided to cheat on her. It would have been surprising if this hadn't gone south

Dex-chan lover
My take is that the author is being silly. Why not let the robot experience real love? Why have this twist drama ending about how actually, the Romance Code sucks and can't replicate real emotions because it's just this obsessive dark thing that wipes away everything else you care about? The yandere thing sucks too in this context because it codes Marie as "inhuman." I can understand that this is a story at least partially about the failure of trying to replace "human" love with "artificial" love, but I wish that the author thought just a little bit deeper about it.

Case in point, that whole thing about how the Romance Code doesn't allow for divorce or adultery but oooh shocking twist the Romance Code is actually demented and those messy things like divorce are part of an essentially human love—well, you know what? Maybe Marie experiencing as messy an emotion as abandonment/betrayal is proof that the Romance Code is basically indistinguishable from an essentially human love!

I'm just saying, it would've been more interesting if, at the end, Kei-san was like "yeah actually I still remember that other person, I still love them, sorry."

Users who are viewing this thread