Ron Kamonohashi: Deranged Detective

Group Leader
Does anyone else not get any notification whatsoever when this updates despite following it?
This is the only manga I follow that does that and I can't help think it's a manga plus thing

Edit: Problem semi resolved lol. Don't care for grouped chapter listings but it's a solution at least lol.

Double-page supporter
@gomichandesu i made a support post about this and got nothing, consider bumping it? https://mangadex.org/thread/331490
if more people mention it someone may take interest and try to fix it.

in the mean time it does show up if you hit the follows button in the top bar, just not on the home page panel.

Fed-Kun's army
Here because I'm a fan of Reborn. I didn't put too much expectation for the plot because of her previous work eldlive just didn't cut it out for me and I'm glad I did. The reason is probably because this is targeted to teenagers (shonen) and I'm not one anymore like when I started reading Reborn.
This is more enjoyable than eldlive, simpler premise (detective) than eldlive (space police) made it easier to 'accept' at first, but still a lot space to grow.
Plus her art is really GOOD and feel nostalgic for me.
I also have seen people in official english comment comparing characters from this manga to Reborn. Can't deny some do have similarities lol.

@gomichandesu @liquid_2 are you both using top left follow or home page follows with images? mangas that redirect me to other sites appear in https://mangadex.org/follows for me but not in homepage follow section.

Double-page supporter
@urezaki the issue you're having is exactly what i described, follow the link to the thread i made for a solution (that sucks enough i don't use it lol)

Contributor
...Well.

This isn't particularly unique
You can pretty much tell who the culprit is from their first appearance
The setting is a little underdeveloped
The Holmes and Moriarty thing made me audibly sigh and shake my head
Ron and Toto have a very vanilla relationship
There are a ton of bad faith arguments to be made like "why doesn't he just go into the non-homicide sector" or "this is just Neuro but less supernatural"

But if any of these kinds of things stopped Amano Akira, then she would never had made Reborn and Eldlive!

There are definitely some good points. The art is nice. I really enjoy the character designs. Amano is applying things she's steadily improved on from her previous works. I think if this continued for longer and then she killed Toto halfway through or something, then this could be very interesting (I enjoy Toto, I just think he's a very basic Watson right now and needs to have something besides "is idiot" going for him)

It is a fun read. A solid 7/10 would read once but not again. So far anyways. It is only 15 chapters in anyways

Some ppl in this thread were criticizing this manga for being kind of stupid and silly but to me I think that it's kind of the other way around. The lighthearted tone of it really carries the manga. It's fun to read and the
Holmes and moriartiy
twist probably wouldn't have landed well if it was a manga that you were supposed to take super seriously. The mysteries aren't the cleverest that I've ever seen but it's still fun to watch it unfold and I'm def invested in seeing where the various plot threads lead. 8/10

It's not bad but not particularly outstanding from other mystery or detective mangas. I think I'll just wait for the anime adaptation. Ron's hot in rat kinda way, ngl.

Dex-chan lover
There's something kind of soulless about this manga that I can't quite pinpoint. Maybe it's the generic characters, or the generic plot, or the "comedy" that's absolutely unfunny and just highlights how the detective is L but Different™ (telling criminals to unalive themselves is different, right?)

But I feel unfair, because the art is nice enough, and the MC has some actual character even though he's the designated yaoi bait. It just feels so tailored to be a successful shonen series that it doesn't really have an identity of its own.

5.5/10, truly generic but no fatal flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread